[Guide] What are the most useful TiC Tools for the FTB Infinity Evolved

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Hello there, this is a guide on how to make the most useful Tinkers' Construct tools in the modpack FTB evolved.
I know there is the Draconic Staff of power and many other Draconic Evolution Tools, but this is a lot less expensive to make.

======= Pickaxes =======
=== Fast Pickaxe with Fortune 3 ===
Parts:
* Enderium Pickaxe Head
* Magical Wooden Binding
* Magical Wooden Tool Rod
Result:
* Mining Speed: 23
* Durability: 1100
* Mining Level: 8
* Modifiers Remaining: 5
Adding Modifiers:
+ Leadstone or Hardened Flux Capacitor (Makes your pickaxe to require Energy)
TIP: if you use a source of power like a Restone Fux Capacitor to power your Items, you will have pretty much unbreakable pickaxe.
+ Redstone x 400 (20 Blocks of Redstone and 20 Redstone Dusts)
Getting More Modifiers:
* Nether Star
* Block of Gold + Diamond
* Diamond Block + Notch Apples (Enchanted Golden Apple)
Using the Last Modifiers:
+ Redstone x 50 (5 Blocks of Redstone and 5 Redstone Dusts)
+ Luck x 450 (45 Blocks of Lapis Lazuli and 45 Lapis Lazuli)
+ Lava Crystal (When You mine a block it gets Auto-Smelted)
Result:
* Mining Speed: 53
* Fortune 3
* Auto-Smelt

=== Durable Silk Touch Pickaxe ===​
Parts:
* Enderium Pickaxe Head
* Magical Wooden Binding
* Thaumium Tool Rod
Result:
* Mining Speed: 23
* Durability: 1429
* Modifiers Remaining: 5
Adding Modifiers:
+ Auto Repair 2 (2 x Moss)
TIP: Repairs your tools so they won't ever broke. But try avoiding 0-1 Durability Points
+ Silk Touch (Silky)
+ Redstone x 50 (5 Blocks of Redstone and 5 Redstone Dusts)
Getting More Modifiers:
* Nether Star
* Block of Gold + Diamond
* Diamond Block + Notch Apples (Enchanted Golden Apple)
Using the Last Modifiers:
+ Redstone x 150 (15 Blocks of Redstone and 15 Redstone Dusts) + Diamond
Or + Redstone x 100 + Diamond + Emerald
Result:
* Mining Speed: 42 / 37
* Silk Touch
* Auto Repair
* Durability: 1929 / 2893

Last edited:

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
I believe you can get slightly better durability (and less annoying crafting imo) by using a Thaumium tool rod, and save materials by using a paper binding as the stats don't matter. In the end it doesn't matter much if you stick a capacitor on it though, as you can't reach a better tier either way.
The same Enderium head+spam modifiers goes for all standard tools. The only real consideration here is which materials you want to use fortune-smelt on and which you want to silk touch instead. Specifically Fortune III gives 220% regular output on average, which beats standard "ore doubling", but TE Rich Slag/Cinnabar and some grinder recipes might beat that for specific resources. Especially the SAG Mill with Dark Steel Balls, which often give triple base yield.

One interesting exception is the hammer, if you're willing to put in the effort there's actually a better top speed than Enderium: Ardite+Bedrockium. The downside is you have to go through half a million durability points to actually reach that speed, and redo it every time you die with the "tools lose 10% durability on death" config enabled. Even a pure Ardite hammer outperforms Enderium while having a lot less "junk" durability to go through.

For crossbows I found with a Signalum limb the accuracy stat of the arrows doesn't really matter, so you can use leaf fletching for more ammo (still stick moss on there anyway). Higher weight seems to make arrows arbitrarily drop to the ground earlier, but I'm not sure if this is offset by damage or armour penetration as the guides suggest.

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I agree with some of the things. but this is just 1 of the types you can create. Also for this pickaxe the durability is useless because of the flux capacitor.
I'm going to add many more TiC tools (Not only for Speed)

EDIT: I'm going to do this soon

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
The curious part is that your design is the absolute best when only considering vanilla+TiCo(+ExtraTiC, else replace Enderium with Cobalt), it is only outclassed by specific mod mechanics or a potential need for silk touch.
Durability can still be relevant based on private configs, but my main point was that materials can be exchanged if needed while not being entirely equal. Magical Wood is a pain to get compared to farming paper and even progressing Thaumcraft to craft your own Thaumium (then again I got plenty from loot chests)
It would definitely be very helpful if you could update the OP, especially including any community suggestions optimised for specific purposes. Everyone always talks about OP Enderium and crossbows, but I haven't seen an up-to-date loadout with all the details in quite a while. Okay, most "common" optimisations do boil down to "Enderium, extra modifiers and load up with quartz/redstone"...

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the Magical Wood can really easily be obtained using "Fluid Transposer", 10 buckets of XP (You should have an EXP farm at this point, or have some XP left) + 1 Bookshelf and here you get the magical wood. For the "Fast Pickaxe" you need just 1 magical wood, because the parts use 0.5 of the item so you will need just 1 to make it ^^ .

sokratis12GR

Jul 29, 2019
And the Enderium is the material that have the most Attack Damage. Otherwise the Signalum is Pretty fast as well (This Tools are for the FTB Infinity Evolved Modpack) For both Normal and Expert Game mode. (In the expert will be just more effort to make the resources nothing else)

Photoloss

Jul 29, 2019
Signalum is only relevant for projectile launchers as those use a different stat set.
On that second pick you actually want to replace the binding with paper or Magical Wood, regular bindings don't contribute to total durability and Thaumic only gives an extra modifier for the first piece, and another if the entire tool is made of Thaumium. Magical Wood actually has a similar effect granting crazy amounts of modifiers (usually +8) for a "pure" tool, but the stats are horrible.
For the crazy hammer you need:
*Ardite hammer head
*Ardite large plate
*Bedrockium (ExtraTiC version) large plate
*Ardite tough rod
For a total of 19 Ardite and 8 Bedrockium ingots
You need a capacitor for this setup to work, and this tool can easily fit the Resonant Flux Capacitor. Make sure you deplete the regular durability down to 1 before charging up the capacitor.
This leaves 5 modifier slots, one of which you probably want to use for silk touch or fortune (autosmelt optional), leaving room for 200 redstone (150 with autosmelt)
The final mining speed is 36.61 with silk touch, 37.41 with fortune and 33.81 with fortune+autosmelt.
For comparison, the best you get without abusing Stonebound is 26.66/27.46/23.06 respectively (Enderium head+1 plate, Thaumium plate, magical wood rod)

I think crossbows might be a little bugged, or their stat calculations are really weird. The limb provides the base durability, draw speed and arrow speed as expected. The bowstring multipliers also work. However the body only seems to apply a durability multiplier as if it were a tool rod, and the tough binding has no effect on stats whatsoever. Since you don't really need any modifiers when using a Signalum crossbow limb you can actually make the tool unbreakable! This currently uses up all modifier slots, but if you have access to Unstable Induced parts (the recipe is bugged in 2.4.2) you can free up one slot for fortune.
If you don't want to go that route you're back to capacitor+extra modifiers. What you use those modifiers on is down to personal preference, basically everything applies when using the crossbow itself as a melee weapon. This means you can turn it into a decent sword with quartz (may 1shot creepers when fully upgraded), heal yourself with silly levels of Necrotic or launch enemies into a more comfortable range using pistons. Blaze powder doesn't work, but you can get a weaker fire effect from a Lava Crystal.

Reactions: sokratis12GR

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Signalum is only relevant for projectile launchers as those use a different stat set.
On that second pick you actually want to replace the binding with paper or Magical Wood, regular bindings don't contribute to total durability and Thaumic only gives an extra modifier for the first piece, and another if the entire tool is made of Thaumium. Magical Wood actually has a similar effect granting crazy amounts of modifiers (usually +8) for a "pure" tool, but the stats are horrible.
For the crazy hammer you need:
*Ardite hammer head
*Ardite large plate
*Bedrockium (ExtraTiC version) large plate
*Ardite tough rod
For a total of 19 Ardite and 8 Bedrockium ingots
You need a capacitor for this setup to work, and this tool can easily fit the Resonant Flux Capacitor. Make sure you deplete the regular durability down to 1 before charging up the capacitor.
This leaves 5 modifier slots, one of which you probably want to use for silk touch or fortune (autosmelt optional), leaving room for 200 redstone (150 with autosmelt)
The final mining speed is 36.61 with silk touch, 37.41 with fortune and 33.81 with fortune+autosmelt.
For comparison, the best you get without abusing Stonebound is 26.66/27.46/23.06 respectively (Enderium head+1 plate, Thaumium plate, magical wood rod)

I think crossbows might be a little bugged, or their stat calculations are really weird. The limb provides the base durability, draw speed and arrow speed as expected. The bowstring multipliers also work. However the body only seems to apply a durability multiplier as if it were a tool rod, and the tough binding has no effect on stats whatsoever. Since you don't really need any modifiers when using a Signalum crossbow limb you can actually make the tool unbreakable! This currently uses up all modifier slots, but if you have access to Unstable Induced parts (the recipe is bugged in 2.4.2) you can free up one slot for fortune.
If you don't want to go that route you're back to capacitor+extra modifiers. What you use those modifiers on is down to personal preference, basically everything applies when using the crossbow itself as a melee weapon. This means you can turn it into a decent sword with quartz (may 1shot creepers when fully upgraded), heal yourself with silly levels of Necrotic or launch enemies into a more comfortable range using pistons. Blaze powder doesn't work, but you can get a weaker fire effect from a Lava Crystal.

Agree with this. I ended up with Necrotic II on it due to random modifiers from IguanasTinkerTweaks. I use it on Zombies to heal up after big fights (read: after I mow everything down with this silly OP machine gun). Pistons would be a nice touch - I hadn't thought of that.

Tommerbob

Jul 29, 2019
The best pickaxe you can make:

Enderium Head
Paper Binding
Thaumium Rod

Magical Wood is another option, but Thaumium and Paper are much easier to obtain early game. Modifiers to use:

- Luck (450 Lapis) OR Silk Touch (Silky Jewel, requires 9 Emeralds), both are a good option
- Flux Capacitor (EnderIO Basic Capacitor Bank is the best option. Gives 1 million RF capacity)
- 3x Haste (150 Redstone)

With extra modifiers, just put more Haste on it.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming it's not disabled you can use flim flam books for your first magical wood. Iirc they are crafted with emeralds and books. So just hang around a village, if you dont want to trade you can just wait for botanias shedding mechanic for them to drop.
I'd still use a paper binding though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
You can still trade for some right? Bring a stack of coal, paper and wheat and you should end up with enough to earn some emeralds.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk