GT Industrial Centrifuge question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Just wondering how do you automate adding materials and removing materials from the GT-IC? Looking at the GUI I assume pipe raw material into the top, and the 4 sides are for the outputs, and power underneath?

Will RP tubes (when available) work with this block?

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Top and bottom will let you pipe things in and the sides will pull out all the outputs. And I assume that RP tubes will work with it, but we will just have to wait and see.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Excellent. I'm thinking of an "in-efficient" system setup as early as possible where I pump excess materials into the GT-IC, pump the resultant stuff out into a chest, and then work out what I can do with the materials. Don't really want to use NEI to find out what a material can be turned into, spoils the sense of discovery!

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
That is how I'm doing it now :D the centrifuge does so much that I like just throwing in the stuff and then figuring out what the result is good for. Not about to try and have the results auto sorted. The updated version of gregtech has an industrial electrolzer that adds even more things for me to throw at it!

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
At the moment I have GT disabled, but I do want to use it when FTB is updated, especially for the centrifuge. Chucking in my excess materials seems the best way to get started (for me) to delve into other GT items.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Well a lot of the centrifuge recipes get transferred to the industrial electrolzer in 1.4.5 gregtech along with some new ones. So that is something to look into and his new industrial grinder can give some new/different dusts from ores so there are more things to throw materials at.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
Top and bottom will let you pipe things in and the sides will pull out all the outputs. And I assume that RP tubes will work with it, but we will just have to wait and see.
Does it differentiate between empty cells and dusts, or does it just try to cram everything into the center?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Does it differentiate between empty cells and dusts, or does it just try to cram everything into the center?
I think if you try to feed it too many cells and there's room in the middle, it will put them in there. Or so a friend tells me. But if there's room for cells, they'll go top-left.

Zaik

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you try to feed it too many cells and there's room in the middle, it will put them in there. Or so a friend tells me. But if there's room for cells, they'll go top-left.

Just tested it out in 1.4.2 FTB, the top only accepts centrifuge material and the bottom only accepts empty cells. Might be that it just accepts whichever gets there first.

I was worried that it'd also require a wooden pipe on each side to pull the outputs, but that apparently isn't the case. Would have left it completely unpowerable >.>