Growing Sugar Canes Dirt vs Sand

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Frink14

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to know if it is actually true/in the code of the game, that sugar cane grows faster on sand than dirt?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
i plant them on what ever is at the water btw has anyone tryed the lilly pads from xeno's reliquary if thay make them grow any faster?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
They do indeed make them grow faster

From http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Sugar_Cane#Trivia
  • There was a myth that sugar cane grew faster on sand than dirt or grass blocks. It has been disproven. Sugarcane grows at the same speed on dirt and sand.[2]

The referenced video:

Can you provide a source/evidence that supports your claim?

EDiT: Disregard in reference to Zerren, but everyone else that wants to think sand is better for sugarcane, please review.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
If you read the post you're replying to, you'll see he's referring to the lilypads from Xeno's Reliquary causing reeds to grow faster.

Ah, d'oh! Here I thought it was going to be another fruitless sand/dirt sugarcane argument. Thank you for pointing that out!

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
he was talking about lilly pads from xeno's reliquary not about sand look up he quoted me when i asked

Thank you, but we have already resolved that issue with the post. I am now referencing the original poster as it is discussing the subject of my post. Again, thank you for your attempted correction.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, but we have already resolved that issue with the post. I am now referencing the original poster as it is discussing the subject of my post. Again, thank you for your attempted correction.
oh btw he was talking about the lilypad from xeno's reliquary not the tired old sand\dirt thing...........but sand is still sexier :p

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
oh btw he was talking about the lilypad from xeno's reliquary not the tired old sand\dirt thing...........but sand is still sexier :p

Arrrrrr! And I agree, sand looks nicer. But sand falls, so making a bedrock to skybox sugarcane farm is harder. On the bright side, I can use microblocks to make the sides look nice.