Gregtech too easy mode ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
What does this allow exactly?

By default, it is set to false, which is where I have it, but I wasn't sure what it did.

Does it enable all the easy recipes from mods, or is there something else to it ?

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
that's nuts, I already have a sufficient amount of diamonds and I just started :p

On another note, but controls the harder recipes that Greg enables ?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Too easy mode is exactly that. It affects the recipes not at all. You have to grind through the config files to adjust everything or search the forums for an easier config.

Optibane

Jul 29, 2019
I might also suggest the reddit pack, TPPI, which has GT. The configs in it have been dialed down so that GT isn't too intrusive for other mods in that pack. Worth a look if you want to see how it's been set up, or you might be better off just running with TPPI as your base pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Too easy mode is a joke from greg, apparently. If you really want easy mode gregtech just install other mods. Even if you leave the configs at the default setting, but install other mods, gregtech will be pretty easy. If you want really easy gregtech (like Ultimate ftb pack) then you have to go through the configs and change them. Or use the TPPI pack, it has gregtech set to be as easy as possible, but not ridiculous like the Too Easy mode would be.

most of the really hard configs are already disabled, like Harder Stone or the config that disables making charcoal from wood, or the one that disables BC quarries altogether. So just using gregtech with default configs isnt bad at all.

But really if you just install a bunch of other mods, it makes gregtech much much easier. For example, gregtech makes quarries and ic2 miners much harder to get. If you install computer craft, you now again have a super cheap and easy auto miner for the early game. If you install tinkers construct or TE3, you get easy fast ore doubling. In gregtech 1.6.4, ore doubling is a mid game thing. Gregtech also makes steel a big milestone... install railcraft or enable the recipe in teh TE3 smelter, and you skip over all of that progression.