Gregtech Quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't have access to unlimited amounts of bonemeal. It was intended as a starter setup. I abandoned it because it was too easy to get vast quantities of wood. I just used part of the program to chop down the big trees that were in my way.

A small army of lumberjack turtles, all designed to rednet out the lyrics to one specific song that we all surely know by heart... What's not to like? Hah hah hah.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I also wasted a lot of time with a program that allows you to more or less play random midi songs on an iron noteblock (used a java program to convert midi to csv). Only when I got it working I found out that those noteblocks really REALLY don't work at all in SMP due to the crappy synchronizing.

On the plus side I now do understand the midi file structure :D

RetroGamer1224

Jul 29, 2019
Heh going from quarries to midi files. I love this forum.

On topic:

From the sounds of it IC2 mining as well as turtles seem to be a better way, some of the time, to get resources then a huge quarry sitting in the middle of the ocean.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
In some regards they are: both miners and turtles are 'smarter' in that they can cherry pick the ores from the cobble. But for me nothing beats the sight of two 64x64 quarries each at 50mj/t tearing the landscape two new ones :p

Reactions: Guswut

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
In some regards they are: both miners and turtles are 'smarter' in that they can cherry pick the ores from the cobble. But for me nothing beats the sight of two 64x64 quarries each at 50mj/t tearing the landscape two new ones :p

I agree, nothing beats that sight, although that isn't ALWAYS a good thing, heh heh heh.

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Incidentally, making a diamond drill in the GT standard configuration also requires titanium - look for brownish ore under forests and plains to get bauxite.

Once you get access to titanium, if you haven't already got a silk touch tool, you might also look into the electric rock cutter - a rechargeable silk touch tool. Using this with the Industrial Grinder will multiply your ore output, not to mention giving you an easy supply of diamond dust from nikolite.

Did they change the Rock Cutter? I quit using it ages ago because it mined the blocks so damn slow. A diamond pick with Silk Touch (even without efficiency) mines blocks much, much faster than the Rock Cutter and I always wind up with 10-15 extra diamond picks with Silk Touch laying around when I'm trying to get my Fortune III diamond picks.