GregTech Industrial Blast Furnace Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LELS

Jul 29, 2019
I've built an industrial blast furnace and finally managed to get it all with Advanced Machine Casings. I built the furnace entire of the casings with the 2 lava blocks in the middle correctly, but the heat level is only 2880K. I want to get tungsteel which needs 3000K - I'm not quite sure what more I can do?

I'm using Ultimate v1.1.2 at the moment.

Thanks.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
The way the furnace is upgraded was changed slightly. Advanced casings now only give 70 K instead of 100 K heat capacity, meaning you can't pass 3000 with just casings alone anymore.

Instead, you need to craft better heating coils and upgrade the blast furnace block directly. Craft 4 kanthal coils, then put them into your hotbar and rightclick the blast furnace block for a +500 K in heat capacity. You can then do the same with 4 nichrome coils for another 500 K.

Using that method, you can get 3000 K heat capacity using 10 standard casings, 24 reinforced casings, 2 lava blocks and both coil upgrades. In your case, of course, one coil upgrade will be enough to push your existing furnace over 3000.

Reactions: Darknesschaos

LELS

Jul 29, 2019
Ah - thank you - I think I'll take out some casings and use them for the vacuum freezer - It took about 1 week with a ruby bee in an alveary with auto frames to get enough chrome for that :)

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Now for the fun part - extracting casings from next to lava source blocks. ;)

Hope you only need the edges!

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Er, you forget that the lava is surrounded by casings. The point is that in order to reach it you need to remove at least one casing that's next to a source block, and it's 50/50 whether it will go into your inventory or get fried.

Bye-bye, precious chrome-guzzling pink thing!

In short, think carefully about where you're going to put your blast furnace.

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
I've moved two blast furnaces and didn't have a single casing fall in the lava. It's not that difficult. And chrome really isn't as rare as people make it out to be. Yes, if you're making fusion, you're going to need a ton of chrome. But if you're just making a blast furnace or two, losing a chrome casing isn't that big a deal.

dlord

Jul 29, 2019
Er, you forget that the lava is surrounded by casings. The point is that in order to reach it you need to remove at least one casing that's next to a source block, and it's 50/50 whether it will go into your inventory or get fried.

There is such a thing called Coin of Fortune.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019

Stand on the top, mine the 8 block circumference, the hold shift and walk into the middle block when digging it out. You won't fall in and you will guaranteed collect any block that would have fallen in the lava.

Reactions: Bomb Bloke