GregTech hammer/saw disable?

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to disable to recent hammer/saw related features in GregTech?
(The one where you need to use a hammer to ingots into plates to craft anything, and the log-gives-only-two-planks-unless-you-use-a-saw feature)

I feel like they just make the game more "grindier" instead of more challenging, and would like to disable it if possible.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!

Also, is there a way to disable the hammer thing too?
(That's the one that's pissing me off the most)
platesneededforarmormadeof=
platesneededformiscmadeof=

i also tweaked the machine configs a little to make the recipies not so hard.

i like GT, but not GT hardmode.
FTB Ultimate version of GT was nice.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
its in the dynamic config. same folder.
theres a lot of options under those two headers. turn em all to false. done.
also look at
harderrecipies
gregtechrecipies
disabledrecipies
worldgen
this only generates when you create a world, so if you havent booted anything up yet, open a creative world, close it, go back over to the GT config.

Reactions: WaterTipper

WaterTipper

Jul 29, 2019
its in the dynamic config. same folder.
theres a lot of options under those two headers. turn em all to false. done.
also look at
harderrecipies
gregtechrecipies
disabledrecipies
worldgen
this only generates when you create a world, so if you havent booted anything up yet, open a creative world, close it, go back over to the GT config.

It worked, thanks!

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
platesneededforarmormadeof=
platesneededformiscmadeof=

i also tweaked the machine configs a little to make the recipies not so hard.

i like GT, but not GT hardmode.
FTB Ultimate version of GT was nice.

The platesneedforarmormadof and platesneededformiscmadeof thing doesn't work for me. Electronic Circuits still require plates. Do you know what's going on?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
The platesneedforarmormadof and platesneededformiscmadeof thing doesn't work for me. Electronic Circuits still require plates. Do you know what's going on?
did you disable the platesneededfortools as well?
thats the only thing i can think of. try messing with the recipie configs as well.
also, the assembly machine recipie takes plates for the components.
a platebending machine shouldnt require too many circuits.
and the recipie in the assembly machine is basically the same as the more advanced hand-crafting recipie that needs the electrum ingots.

painful i know. blame greg.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
did you disable the platesneededfortools as well?
thats the only thing i can think of.
also, the assembly machine recipie takes plates for the components.
a platebending machine shouldnt require too many circuits.
and the recipie in the assembly machine is basically the same as the more advanced hand-crafting recipie that needs the electrum ingots.

painful i know. blame greg.

Yes, I did disable platesneededfortools. Guess I need a plate bending machine.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I did disable platesneededfortools. Guess I need a plate bending machine.
yea, thats pretty much a neccesity anyway.
looking at NEI, if you have dartcraft enabled, it has a crafting-table recipie. 6 cable, 1 redstone, 2 force ingots, which is two iron/refined iron/bronze/silver/gold crafted with a force gem. this gives two. this is the closest you will get to the traditional IC2 recipie
old IC2 recipie has a refined iron plate.
if anyone has a way to disable this, please tell.

Kosba2

Jul 29, 2019
I want to disable all these stupid plate recipes :I I tried to disable it for the Iron/Gold Tools and for Battery's and Circuits, didn't work.. somebody FIIIXXX

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
You'd have to remove GT entirely. On the other hand, the Plate Bending Machine is incredibly useful for non-GT uses. Being able to make just three plates for Commercial or Industrial Engines instead of having to make 4 engines at a time so you don't end up with spares.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
To do what exactly?
To remove the modified recipes, clearly... GT is very configurable but there are few changes that you can't revert.
I'm not sure if this is still the case but there is no option to revert to the vanilla recipe for the power wrench.

@OP All of the things you want appear to be in the the dynamic config and standard config. You just have to really give it a good read.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I meant specifically remove GT to revert from plates to ingots. Though it seems the new version of IC2 will use plates natively. Presumably there will be a config option for it though.