GregTech EasyMode Configs!!! [Download Here]

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
A lot of people (like me) like the end-game stuff from GT, but don't like all the nerfing.
If you don't know how to change configs, or you think it's tedious/boring, then you can download them here. The IDs in the config are the same from the Universal Config.

Instructions for installing the config:
1) Delete your current GregTech config.
2) Download the file.
3) Move it into the config folder for your pack.
4) Extract it.
5) Once the regular folder is extracted, you can delete the original ZIP.

If any of the configs are not on easymode, then tell me and I will fix it (TooEasyMode doesn't count).
The file called "GregTechConfigs Easy", has smaller processing times and everything that can be buffed is buffed. The one called "GregTech Configs 50% Easy", only un-nerfs all the recipes from other mods and vanilla, but the GregTech stuff isn't changed (processing times, etc).

Attachments

• GregTechConfigs Easy.zip
    50.5 KB · Views: 1,208
  • GregTechConfigs 50% Easy.zip
    50.8 KB · Views: 594
Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I basically changed all the nerfs from GregTech.
So a person can now craft iron pickaxes w/o plates and hammers?
Flint & Steel no longer requires actual steel?

(going by memory, been a while since last GT game)

Its a pain but you may wish to list/describe exactly which nerfs you've adjusted :)

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
So a person can now craft iron pickaxes w/o plates and hammers?
Flint & Steel no longer requires actual steel?

(going by memory, been a while since last GT game)

Its a pain but you may wish to list/describe exactly which nerfs you've adjusted :)

The thing is, I adjusted a lot, it would take a long time to look for everything and write it down. But I basically un-nerfed everything.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Thats cool !!!! Thanks .
Btw you are first person who nerfed GregTech :3

LOL
Erm, nerf == create balance

Well, when people say "unbalanced" in modded minecraft, it usally means that it's too easy, and to "balance" is to make it harder. But "unbalanced" can be the other end of the scale too, it can mean that it's too hard (early-game GregTech, IMO), and in that case "balancing" would be making stuff easier.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
LOL

Well, when people say "unbalanced" in modded minecraft, it usally means that it's too easy, and to "balance" is to make it harder. But "unbalanced" can be the other end of the scale too, it can mean that it's too hard (early-game GregTech, IMO), and in that case "balancing" would be making stuff easier.
Regardless it isn't nerfing it. Nerfing it would be making it even "harder".

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things...
1. You may want to also turn off inventory unification since crafting unification and every targetable thing is otherwise disabled for the sake of performance.
2. Processing times. You could have drastically reduced these from defaults for faster machine processing time. For instance, if you think putting a hopper together in an assembling machine shouldn't take 40 seconds, you can reduce it's processing time from the default 800 ticks to 8 ticks so that it assembles in a little under half a second. This is a rather big way you could buff GT machines (especially with respect to things that otherwise have shape-crafted recipes).
3. Fuel values. If you want certain fuels to be worth more, these can be adjusted.
4. You have enabled storage block crafting/decrafting without disabling block smelting. This opens the potential for a dupe exploit if another mod allows fortune and smelting on the same tool. Just something to be aware of.
5. You could also alter the probabilities of scrapbox drops to eliminate some of the more unproductive drops (wood tools, scrap, etc).

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things...
1. You may want to also turn off inventory unification since crafting unification and every targetable thing is otherwise disabled for the sake of performance.
2. Processing times. You could have drastically reduced these from defaults for faster machine processing time. For instance, if you think putting a hopper together in an assembling machine shouldn't take 40 seconds, you can reduce it's processing time from the default 800 ticks to 8 ticks so that it assembles in a little under half a second. This is a rather big way you could buff GT machines (especially with respect to things that otherwise have shape-crafted recipes).
3. Fuel values. If you want certain fuels to be worth more, these can be adjusted.
4. You have enabled storage block crafting/decrafting without disabling block smelting. This opens the potential for a dupe exploit if another mod allows fortune and smelting on the same tool. Just something to be aware of.
5. You could also alter the probabilities of scrapbox drops to eliminate some of the more unproductive drops (wood tools, scrap, etc).
Thanks for the recomendations.
I turned off inventory unification (it was meant to be turned off already, but I accidentally skipped it). I reduced a lot of the processing times by quite a bit. I increased all fuel values except for 2-4 (can't remember exactly how much). I disabled ingot compression and block induction smelting/macerating/pulverizing/rock crushing/smelting. And, I reduced the possibility of getting scrap to 0.
I didn't change wooden tools since you can use them in a generator.

trajano080

Jul 29, 2019
Couple things...

Do you know if there's a config for un-nerfing the advanced circuit?
If there is, I probably already un-nerfed it, I just can't remember.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Do you know if there's a config for un-nerfing the advanced circuit?
If there is, I probably already un-nerfed it, I just can't remember.

Short of decreasing its processing time in the assembly machine or making it drop more from scrapboxes, there's nothing specific like that. However, you may want to take a look at the MachineStats.cfg and allowing multiple dragon eggs (there are a number of mods that make this possible). Dragon egg energy siphons tend to explode violently if only the one egg is allowed and someone attempts to siphon additional eggs. This config is also where you'd adjust the GT tesseract energy use (to be more in line with whatever other mods being used).

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
can i say this: Can you have a version where you just disable the nerfs on other mods/vanilla. and mostly everything else but KEEP the core GT? (So no buffed recipes/ production times)

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
can i say this: Can you have a version where you just disable the nerfs on other mods/vanilla. and mostly everything else but KEEP the core GT? (So no buffed recipes/ production times)

Actual nerfs of other mods/vanilla are actually rather limited. I'm not sure whether or not you mean to include using hammers for plates/etc because this is a normal function of IC2. That being said, if you wanted to use these configs as a starting point, Greg lists the default value for his variables in the variable name. So setting a value back to default is relatively easy.