Gregtech and Galacticraft with Direwolf20s 1.6.4? [Question]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys!

I've been playing ftb for a long time now, and I'm enjoying it really much, I added gregtech to the unleashed pack because I thought it lacked end game play, and now with the new 1.6.4 packs I still think it misses some long term goals, so I ask you, is it possible to add these two packs (Gregtech, Galacticraft) without destroying the game in the process?

Sincerely
¨~ Wonton Freak

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys!

I've been playing ftb for a long time now, and I'm enjoying it really much, I added gregtech to the unleashed pack because I thought it lacked end game play, and now with the new 1.6.4 packs I still think it misses some long term goals, so I ask you, is it possible to add these two packs (Gregtech, Galacticraft) without destroying the game in the process?

Sincerely
¨~ Wonton Freak
Well...GTech, from what I hear, is completely different now so it will not be the same as 1.6, just check the universal config for GT in your pack and fiddle with things you do not want. And galacticraft, in my experience, lags the game and sometimes crashes, but my PC is old so yours may be fine.

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to install Galacticcraft, with only needing to delete MFFS and changing some block IDs. If you want, I could send you the new Galacticcraft config files so you don't have to change them yourself (took me about 20 mins :p)

Reactions: Gerald Huppertz

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to install Galacticcraft, with only needing to delete MFFS and changing some block IDs. If you want, I could send you the new Galacticcraft config files so you don't have to change them yourself (took me about 20 mins :p)

Any chance you could put your config up on dropbox and share it? I'm sure there are many who would like to add it to packs. I'm waiting for Monster myself but hope to add Galacticraft to it once it's released.

Reactions: CrazyCoco

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013

Install UE Core, and you can keep MFFS with GC :D Tried and tested, and got both running successfully without problems.

To solve any ID conflicts, install IDFixMinus, and you'll have no issues whatsoever.

Reactions: CrazyCoco

CrazyCoco

Jul 29, 2019
Install UE Core, and you can keep MFFS with GC :D Tried and tested, and got both running successfully without problems.

To solve any ID conflicts, install IDFixMinus, and you'll have no issues whatsoever.
I'm fine without MFFS - I never used it anyways. Here are the configs for galacticcraft though: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28006322/Configs.rar
All you need to do is just uninstall/remove MFFS (or do what Shevron says), install Galacticcraft, run the game (it will crash!). After it crashes, then just replace the configs with these ones and you should be good to go!

Any problems, let me know!

Wonton_Freak

Jul 29, 2019
I managed to get GC, MFFS and Gregtech to work together, so everything is fine now! :)

I do have another question though, is there any blocks equivalent to the warded blocks from Thaumcraft 3 in the new Direwolf 1.6.4 pack? It'd really make my AE Storage secure i combination with a future IESU

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I used reinforced stone (from IC2) for warded stone replacement, but ya, it's still not the same. DW is using some clear hardened stone around his reactor in his current Forgecraft series, don't recall exactly which hardened glass tho, prob TE glass.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
I used reinforced stone (from IC2) for warded stone replacement, but ya, it's still not the same. DW is using some clear hardened stone around his reactor in his current Forgecraft series, don't recall exactly which hardened glass tho, prob TE glass.
There's a glass version of reinforced stone called reinforced glass :D

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
I have just noticed however ... I dug up half the map and still haven't encountered any Monazit ore ...