Greg Tech new fusion reactor

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hello,

Me and my friends took a lot of time to build the old gregtech fusion reactor and automate it to produce uu matter. He has changed the layout and I think its retarded. Is there a way to use the newest versions of gregtech with the old reactor layout?

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I'll just use the outdated version and eventually remove the mod when something better is out. Greg hates fun indeed.

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
I for one dig the new fusion reactor. It looks incredibly futuristic when placed under a glass dome.

Plus if you get heavily into bees, all that iridium is a piece of cake to generate.

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
I for one dig the new fusion reactor. It looks incredibly futuristic when placed under a glass dome.

Plus if you get heavily into bees, all that iridium is a piece of cake to generate.

Agree. Would be nice if he'd actually spend some time documenting his stuff though...

Reactions: shockwave95

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
Agree. Would be nice if he'd actually spend some time documenting his stuff though...

Agreed. The official GT wiki is woefully out of date, which is very problematic for something as complicated as the fusion reactor.

The unofficial FTB wiki (http://ftbwiki.org/Fusion_Reactor_(GregTech)) has an amazing set of instructions for getting the fusion reactor up and running, including pre-planning info to make it set-and-forget.

lolpierandom

Jul 29, 2019

Hey, at least we have the tool-tips now. Before those, a machine was just "Make machine and guess usage by name".

Iridium? That's easy. Several thousand rubies for chrome, though...

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
Iridium? That's easy. Several thousand rubies for chrome, though...

I generated my chrome from a cascade of a dozen alvearys with fastest producing, longest lived, bees into a bank of overclocked electrolyzers. Still took ages, but was automated, so I could do other things while my chrome generated, and the system auto-shutoff when I reached the required level of chrome.

meuqsaco

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not making the reactor, but automating it. Now I need like 10 times more machines

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me are does anyone else find the answer to the issue of material needs for GT is bees? Not go mine more? Not it should be balanced better? No its go make an unending supply with bees.

QuantumPugilist

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me are does anyone else find the answer to the issue of material needs for GT is bees? Not go mine more? Not it should be balanced better? No its go make an unending supply with bees.

Bees are the solution to all problems ;).