Greetings Everyone :)

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
As in the title, Hello I am Zein Eizoku. However everyone just calls me Z or Zein, whichever you prefer is fine by me. I am a fledgling modder. I have never made a mod, I am just starting, but I am shooting big. I have been watching a lot of modding video tutorials and I have been reading several Java how to's and such. I am open to advice and opinions and direction as to where I could learn more. I will not leak the mod I am in the developmental stages of just yet. However, I will say that Azanor and Thaumcraft have been a huge inspiration. As well as, Ars Magica 2 and my most recent find, WayofTime's Blood Magic. I like the aspect of research and I love the feel of gothic buildings. This in turn means I would like to make the mod very multi block heavy. So I will not have anything up just yet.

Besides all of that, I am just an average guy working all the time, and spending time with his girlfriend and playing Minecraft and other video games with her. It is nice to meet you all thanks everyone. :)

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the FTB forums, Zein! We hope you enjoy your stay here (stay forever :) )

And most of us hope that you will link us to the mod thread when you're done developing it, I hope ;)

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to the FTB forums, Zein! We hope you enjoy your stay here (stay forever :) )

And most of us hope that you will link us to the mod thread when you're done developing it, I hope ;)

I plan on staying for some good long time so no worries about that. All the modders/moders (which ever is correct... <_<) have their mods in most of the mod packs haha. I love watching Direwolf20 I am currently using his mod pack. It is he who got me into the mod scene, then Azanor that inspired me to want to mod. The things and effects he created, blew my mind and I just knew that what I wanted to make was now possible. I just do not have the know how of Azanor to implement them yet :/ However, I will most certainly for sure link the mod I am working on. I currently am trying to lay out the foundation of it. I have the idea and what I would like to do in the mod, the idea it is based around. I am just weary on posting what I would like to work on for fear of having someone steal the idea. No matter how you look at it, sometimes people anywhere in the world when given the chance will claim something as their own. It happens, which is why I am so enigmatic when I am talking about it. The most I feel comfortable saying is. It is Magic inspired, I would like to implement a book mechanic like Ars Magica and Thaumcraft, the idea of scaling the tiers through research and development intrigues me. It will be very "Gothic" in design, dark if you will, and have mostly all multi-block structures. I play a lot of D&D I am mostly the DM and do a lot of writing and story planning. I enjoy creating lore and a background, so I would like to build that as well, but there is also a wealth of lore in the field I am looking into to pull from as well. My biggest issue is, coding and creating the textures. if I tackle them both on my own, with day to day life. I doubt there will be fast progress for my mod. but that is that haha :) I hope that makes it a little more interesting than, "hey im new here and i am going to make a mod :B " haha :)

Welcome to the forums.:D
Thank you very much :) Glad to be here :)

Reactions: PhantomRage

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Linky
Linky
The thing with paranoia is that it's contagious. Once you created the perfect object you'll get worried to death on releasing it to the public, because who likes receiving bad critique? Or nothing at all? Sometimes silence is the worst treatment one can get.

I hope I didn't scare you here, I for one have already revealed what I would like to mod on two forums. Getting zero feedback is worse than someone "stealing" the idea and taking the internet fame and fangirls and all that internet social life gives.... which is mostly just words on a board.

Welcomet to FTB, now if you excuse me I have the souls of babies to devour and kittens to kick from my bed.

naah... just kidding :p I'd never kick a kitten from my bed ;)

Reactions: Zein Eizoku

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Linky
Linky
The thing with paranoia is that it's contagious. Once you created the perfect object you'll get worried to death on releasing it to the public, because who likes receiving bad critique? Or nothing at all? Sometimes silence is the worst treatment one can get.

I hope I didn't scare you here, I for one have already revealed what I would like to mod on two forums. Getting zero feedback is worse than someone "stealing" the idea and taking the internet fame and fangirls and all that internet social life gives.... which is mostly just words on a board.

Welcomet to FTB, now if you excuse me I have the souls of babies to devour and kittens to kick from my bed.

naah... just kidding :p I'd never kick a kitten from my bed ;)

Haha you didn't scare me at all my friend. If you would like link your mod idea I will give feed back and I will spread the word :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
Haha you didn't scare me at all my friend. If you would like link your mod idea I will give feed back and I will spread the word :)
Link
Linky

In short, I want this
DMYPWQy.png

coupled with this
KuNrhas.jpg

Tech machines that create magic for me, with the cost of all life near reactor(s).

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Link
Linky

In short, I want this
DMYPWQy.png

coupled with this
KuNrhas.jpg

Tech machines that create magic for me, with the cost of all life near reactor(s).

I see that is a really cool idea. I think you need a better name than green stuff hahaha. However I understand a lot of the things I have read by you and other people, are close to what I want to do. It is in the same area, just slightly different.

But yours, I like that idea, you are starting on FF7 tho aren't you haha, with your own flare it seems.

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
Ah okay I read the second link, Mako reactors. Interesting, I assume you would call it Mako energy, like you did at the end to. I love how you used the vanilla MC to demonstrate the structure builds.

Munaus

Jul 29, 2019
You might also have noticed that I posted that 6 months ago. If I had been more stubborn and followed tutorials my mod would've been done by now. But real life interferes...

Anywho, sorry for stepping on your intro and I will look forward to your mod's completion

Zein Eizoku

Jul 29, 2019
You might also have noticed that I posted that 6 months ago. If I had been more stubborn and followed tutorials my mod would've been done by now. But real life interferes...

Anywho, sorry for stepping on your intro and I will look forward to your mod's completion

It is okay my friend it is what we are all here for right? To help and grow as a community? Never give up on a dream always reach for it. Life is there in the background of us all, just need to preserve. :)

Reactions: PhantomRage