Great Mods That Aren't Mainstream

Reddis

Jul 29, 2019
I have seen threads in the past where people are looking for interesting mods to try out that aren't as well known as the ones people usually play with. (Yes, I know they are usually very unpopular threads too) I started a new single player Infinity game the other day and I took the time to look through every single mod available on Curse and I found 2 that I thought were interesting.

1) Ender Pearl Ore (http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229078-ender-pearl-ore) and
2) Ender Crop (http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/242269-ender-crop)

There is always a frustrating bottleneck in my games between when I can effectively farm endermen in the open world and when I have an automated farming system set up for ender pearls. I thought these 2 mods might be a fun way to bridge that gap and wanted to share.

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Inductive Automation
Essentialcraft 3
Oldowan Obsidian
Icarus
Magnanimous Tools
Lyra's Magnificent Trinkets
Matter Overdrive
Immibis Macroblocks
Passive Torch
Primitive Mobs
Potion Packs
Quiver Bow
Quiver Mobs
Super Crafting Frame
Ridiculous World
Compact Machines
Chromaticraft
Useful TNT
Void Monster
Villagers Nose
Wallpaper
Lava Monsters
Rougelike Dungeons
Artifice
Engineer's Toolbox
Glenn's Gases
Witching Gadgets
Minechem
Bad Ores
Power Nodes
Sodacan Utilities
Tubes!
Randomite
Coolers
Clockwork Phase
The Vegan Option
Gakais Flight Table
FLORA Reborn
AntMan
Door Gear
Survivalist
E-Flux
Legacy Farms
Hammerz
Power Crops
Colossal Chests
Cutting Edge
Waila Inhibitors
Paint Everything
Iron Tanks
Bee Barker
Random Machines
Quirks and Perks
Giacomo's Experiance Seedling
CWACOM
Animal Research Machine
Liquid Dirt
The Corrupted Sector
Integrated Dynamics
PlasmaCraft
Actually Additions
HEXCraft
MCI Craft
Simple Refinement
Aqua Creepers!
Dimensional Pockets
Thaumaturgical Knowledge
Void Glasses
Dedicated BUD
Leafcutter
Zap Apples (I'm not a brony, It's just a good mod)
Similsax Transtructors
Tube Transport System
Mimicry
More Swords Mod
Calculator
Practicalities
ScientificAlchemy
Rotatable Blocks
EnderTanks
Silico

Last edited:
Reactions: Tylor

sgbros1

Jul 29, 2019
Inductive Automation
Essentialcraft 3
Oldowan Obsidian
Icarus
Magnanimous Tools
Matter Overdrive
Immibis Macroblocks
Passive Torch
Primitive Mobs
Potion Packs
Quiver Bow
Quiver Mobs
Super Crafting Frame
Ridiculous World
Compact Machines
Chromaticraft
Useful TNT
Void Monster
Villagers Nose
Wallpaper
Lava Monsters
Rougelike Dungeons
Artifice
Engineer's Toolbox
Glenn's Gases
Witching Gadgets
Minechem
Bad Ores
Power Nodes
Sodacan Utilities
Tubes!
Randomite
Coolers
Clockwork Phase
The Vegan Option
Gakais Flight Table
FLORA Reborn
AntMan
Door Gear
Survivalist
E-Flux
Legacy Farms
Hammerz
Power Crops
Colossal Chests
Cutting Edge
Waila Inhibitors
Paint Everything
Iron Tanks
Bee Barker
Random Machines
Quirks and Perks
Giacomo's Experiance Seedling
CWACOM
Animal Research Machine
Liquid Dirt
The Corrupted Sector
Integrated Dynamics
PlasmaCraft
Actually Additions
HEXCraft
MCI Craft
Simple Refinement
Aqua Creepers!
Dimensional Pockets
Thaumaturgical Knowledge
Void Glasses
Dedicated BUD
Leafcutter
Zap Apples
Similsax Transtructors
Tube Transport System
Mimicry
More Swords Mod
Calculator
Practicalities
ScientificAlchemy
Rotatable Blocks
EnderTanks
Silico
Do you just have a list of those mods stored up somewhere and copy paste that whenever someone makes a thread like this?

Zandorum

Jul 29, 2019
Do you just have a list of those mods stored up somewhere and copy paste that whenever someone makes a thread like this?
I decided to look through my history, bookmarks and think about anything nice that's not popular that comes to mind. I actively seek out odd/unpopular mods as it brings in fresh gameplay. Inductive Automation, Calculator, Icarus and Engineer's Toolbox are mod's that really stand out on that list as a note; Not saying the others are bad but those are my favorite (Inductive Automation is currently my favorite mod).

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Magnanimous Tools is awesome for people that want 3x3 mining but not Tinker's Construct.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
simply flight
as the name suggest, it are just some nice and simple flight options. (I love how the wings look)

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Power Advantage, Steam Advantage, and Electrical Advantage. It originally brought back nostalgia from old IC2 days. Now that I've played with them a few times now, I can say that they are no where near old IC2, however they are still good but with issues. It's a very overlooked mod for 1.8 and still worth looking at, but still needs a hella ton of refining.
*blushes*

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely want to add Lyra's to my modpack--lots of interesting things that I can work with through the many dimensions that I have in mind. (Like associating Icarium to the cold floating islands of Vallaheim, a mid-tier dimension.)

Icarius, by the way, needs to be mentioned--good gate mechanisms for flight, very flexible.

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

Mikhail Krutov

Jul 29, 2019
I've played around with Tainted Magic, Magic Cookies and Witching Gadgets. Out of that, I felt that Magic Cookies had no purpose & removed it ( :( ) but new golems looked fun, so may be interesting; Tainted Magic crashed quite a lot for me ( :( ) but seemed really interesting and cool, and Witching Gadgets is what it says on the tin can - a set of really nice & cool gadgets for a young thaumaturge.
All 3 of them have surprisingly low download numbers on Curseforge.

Lyra_Chan

Jul 29, 2019
Storage Network is really awesome It's like a simplified AE for 1.8.9. The only thing I wish it had was more compatibility with other mod storage systems. It would be awesome to be able to access my EZStorage stuff with my Storage Network instead of putting it into a chest. I haven't tested it how it interacts with Ender Rift, (Another under used mod) but I might replace EZ Storage for Ender Rift if it works well c:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Storage Network is really awesome It's like a simplified AE for 1.8.9. The only thing I wish it had was more compatibility with other mod storage systems. It would be awesome to be able to access my EZStorage stuff with my Storage Network instead of putting it into a chest. I haven't tested it how it interacts with Ender Rift, (Another under used mod) but I might replace EZ Storage for Ender Rift if it works well c:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Does it work with Storage Drawers Controller?