Graves Eat Inventories

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying out the Monster pack and I like it so far. I updated to 1.0.7 and now whenever I die a grave pops up with my name on it and my inventory items are nowhere to be seen. If I break the grave nothing comes out of it. Which means I effectively lose my entire inventory whenever I die!

Am I doing something wrong?

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't really played with them all that much, but they exist on the server I currently attend. The admin apparently had to enable them manually. When broken, all the items I was carrying on death pop out for collection.

My first guess is that your choice of tool matters. I use my fists, for what it's worth.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried breaking the graves with fist, pick, and shovel and the items do not pop out of the graves.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
I found a reddit post about it here.

Apparently the graves in 1.0.6 and 1.0.7 are bugged and delete your items instead of storing them. Disabling them in the configs doesn't really disable them either. The only fix is setting the grave block ID to 0 in the configs.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.7 gives the gravestone a block id of 0 in the OpenBlocks. So it really should be disabling it.

The item eating behaviour is because the gravestone is conflicting with other mods that try to preserve items.
With my monster "lite" (I disable a lot of mods), I was getting gravestones that preserved my items just fine.