Gravel Production?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

TheBigGreaves

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I'm going to start making a diamond machine for which I need a way to reliably produce coal, flint and obsidian. Now I have got the obsidian done from the igneous extruder and I have the coal done through a quad wither spawner. I know how to get the flint from the gravel( Through a macerator but I don't know a way to get gravel infinitely. I know I can use a grinder but im don't like them because of the mirrors/ solar turbine. I know I can use a pulverizer but there is only a 10% chance which is not that high. Thank you for your ideas and bye.

TheLoneWolfling

Jul 29, 2019
Looking at NEI, some possibilities:
  • 4 dirt + minium stone = 1 gravel. Seeing as crafty turtles don't use durability from items in crafting, this seems ideal. You can use a pulveriser to turn cobble to sand + gravel, and turn the sand to dirt and then to gravel.
  • Scrapbox has a ~6% chance to produce gravel.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
It's the Rock Crusher 100% or Pulverizer 10%. I would use the Rock Crusher. Speed can't be an issue if you're going to get infinite diamonds, it's not like you're using them to eat.

Btw, Rock Crusher does work with pipes, it is from RailCraft which is a BC mod so obviously it works with pipes. You can pump the stuff to crush from any side and pump products out from any side.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You can also macerate (or the TE equivalent that I never remember the name of) gravel, for 100% chances flint.
Well, rock crusher is still the most reliable way, but if you do have stacks of gravel already, it might be worth it to use them directly like that too, costs less energy than a rock crusher, I think.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Rock Crusher is the best way... it should keep up even with 4 wither spawner, as you need 8 coal per 1 flint and I doubt you're getting 2 coal per second from these spawners.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Rock Crusher is the best way... it should keep up even with 4 wither spawner, as you need 8 coal per 1 flint and I doubt you're getting 2 coal per second from these spawners.

Not sure if he is using wither or blaze. Blaze spawner is that fast, but then you have to macerate/pulverize then electrolyze to get your coal dust.

TruculentMC

Jul 29, 2019
Well, he says 'quad wither spawner' in the OP -- it should be OK for that as the coal droprate is not too fast. I never tested with more than 1 spawner though. It may need 2 Rock Crusher.
For even a single Blaze grinder would need more than 1 Rock Crusher though. But indeed it takes a lot more infrastructure to process the Blaze Rod to Blaze Powder then to Coal Dust.

MikeBoy123

Jul 29, 2019
Take another Igneous Extruder producing cobble, pulverize that into sand, with a 10% of getting gravel. Put the sand into a void pipe (or a chest or Powered Furnace, etc.), and pulverize the gravel. You will effectively get 1 flint per 10 cobble, and the cobble is produced FAST. You can power the 2 pulverizers with some excess coal from the Wither farm :)

Hope I provided some insight for you!!! :D