Good vs. Evil

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
CPU utilization is often done as a percentage of the total available CPU time that could be used, so if a program is at 93% utilization, it's using 93% of all the processing time/power the computer/cpu has. And "keeping every core pegged" just means it's keeping every processing core within the CPU at 100% utilization, so it's always working, never resting. Is something being "pegged" not a term for being at the highest possible level it can be there? like on an old needle based dial, it's at the peg at the upper end of its travel.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
CPU utilization is often done as a percentage of the total available CPU time that could be used, so if a program is at 93% utilization, it's using 93% of all the processing time/power the computer/cpu has. And "keeping every core pegged" just means it's keeping every processing core within the CPU at 100% utilization, so it's always working, never resting. Is something being "pegged" not a term for being at the highest possible level it can be there? like on an old needle based dial, it's at the peg at the upper end of its travel.
64. I mean, it makes sense now I understand the context but for me " being pegged" has an entirely different connotation that I am not going to go into here.