Good vs. Evil

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
70. Its funny, once you know it makes sense. Try making it into a cat sound - "nyaaaaan" (only really works if you make it a "nee" sound, as its meant to be, rather than a "nigh" sound) - that's the japanese version of meow!

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
72 so... finally got myself to remove the server from its temporary place and put it at its new spot.

As a result, my screens are now a bit higher which will take some time to get used to.....

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
74 yes, but I need a bit more than just a thick book. As I'm pretty sure they aren't even on the correct height if I place them on my amplifier.

Granted, they are probably a bit too high now but..... oh well.....

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
74 The book isn't quite right, but it's something I had lying around. It's the Pokemon Platinum guide book, and is something like 3 inches thick. If I lean back I lose the bottom of the top monitor, but that isn't the end of the world.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
78 finally got everything working. I think I can win an award for most convoluted setup to listen to music.

My phone is used to control MPD running on my server.
MPD streams the sound over HTTP to my desktop.
My desktop plays said HTTP stream over its line out port, going to the server.
The server takes the signal from line in and sends it over its line in port.
This goes to my amplifier
And from my amplifier it finally goes to my speakers.

Obviously, this was just done to test the system and see if everything works. Seeing as it all works its time to change my keyboard shortcuts and make new ones to control the sound of the MPD instance on my server.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
78 so... you know whats fun?
Working on a server that does not display any errors. I am currently getting a blank page instead which means there is a parse error (else I would've at least seen something). So....guess its time to find that missing ";" or something >_<

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
78 well, it isn't the first time I was in that situation so I'm getting better at debugging that kind of stuff.

making use of comments together with some self knowledge is the key to solve this kind of stuff.

In other news, I made some progress to make it easy to download music from youtube.
I now have a plug in that sends the current url to my server whenever I press F9. My server then loads this page and looks for the channel name and the name of the video.
It also makes a folder for the channel if needed and I'm currently adding some extra logic for channels that also put useful information in the title like genres.

For those channels it also makes 1 folder called Music and 1 for every genre the video belongs to. Thus, I get a structure like
Code:
Music
    ->someGuy
        ->vid1
        ->vid2
    ->Brandon
         ->Music
            ->vid1
            ->vid2
         ->Celtic
              ->vid1
         ->Tribal
             ->vid2
Also, the stuff in the genre folders will be symlinks, to save space.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
80 and.. download works and mpd can use the files.
Now, time to make it so the links are created at the correct place.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
81 Nice. I should do something similar, as I currently just manually apply properties to songs.