Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
82 what happened is simple. For school the only thing we will do this year is group projects. I have done one with 2 others from my class and it was an horrible experience to say the least.
For the current one I "teamed" up with someone from who I taught I could work together with. However right now it goes about the same. Even worse is the fact that thanks to him the server I need to write needs to be programed using nodejs, or in other words javascript.

Before this project I already greatly disliked javascript, however for the sake of having a good project partner I agreed to use it. I must also confess that I was kind of interested in seeing how an (in my opinion) awful language like javascript would work as a server especially as it is not at all designed for that job.
Having used it I am sad to report that my dislike for it has only increased.

Add to this the fact that it seems I am getting stuck in an endless circle of being tired (again) and you can probably see why I don't feel like going up.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
88 MCPE modders use Javascript or C++ to make mods for MCPE
87 stick with C++ so you don't have to deal with stuff like

function WHY(){
var ugh ="some text";
return function(){
console.log(ugh)
}
}
var no = WHY()
no()
//result -> "some text" get echo'd to the console
//console.log(ugh) instead of executing no() will not work.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
87 maybe, but at least you don't loose your mind from the awfulness that is javascript

RealKC

Popular Member
Dec 6, 2015
King of the Hill
90 well, for me javascript doesn't look that bad, but it has it's disadvantages: you're limited to what the Blocklauncher(the launcher we use for mods, it launches the existen libminecraft.so file) API allows it to do