Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
94 I'm just too used to use apt-get which I couldn't do for the ide. I am so used to it that I don't even know where my programs are installed
(don't care enough to look for it as the knowledge is not yet needed)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
95 I just figured out how to use a tool that's been on my laptop since I've owned it (more than a year now), but haven't yet looked into. The Automator application... it, apparently, lets you make OSX-friendly applications. I just now made one that executes a four-line shell script before just executing one of the other applications on my laptop because Dia is weird and broken and doesn't run unless I delete a particular folder that changes every time I reboot.

Heck, I probably could've done the same thing with creating an Automator application that does nothing more than execute a one-line shell script that, in turn, calls Wine upon the Windows version of Dia, and then I wouldn't have had to bang my head against the walls for several hours trying to figure out how to make the Mac version work and, later, figure out how to automatically determine what the folder that needs deleting is called right now.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
96 I feel a constant pressure on the inside of one of my ears and I almost hear nothing whit that ear >_<