Good vs. Evil

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
86 Nice! We started playing a couple weeks ago, two sessions in. Don't know when the next one'll be, probably over the weekend, but it depends on when everyone's available.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

TyFrostbyte

Apr 7, 2020
85 The only way I'll get to play DnD with my buds is probably online, if I decide to DM.
So, anyone got some tips on DMing my firs ever game of DnD? A one-shot Adventure or two would be nice too

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
86 you can try hosting a roleplay first using a simpler format. Like the one that doormonster did
That way you can practice a bit with 1 person beforehand.

Reactions: TyFrostbyte

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Nice! We started playing a couple weeks ago, two sessions in. Don't know when the next one'll be, probably over the weekend, but it depends on when everyone's available.

Oh awesome! :) how are you folks playing? Do you use like Roll20 or do you talk over some sort of video call and roll your dice at home?

The only way I'll get to play DnD with my buds is probably online, if I decide to DM.
So, anyone got some tips on DMing my firs ever game of DnD? A one-shot Adventure or two would be nice too
Unfortunately I’ve never DM’d so I’m not sure... I guess organisation is the key. During battles, keeping track of Initiative is tricky so try and be as organised as possible with that.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
86 I'm finally trying to finish the text input field for Mergui by giving it a working text cursor thingy.

It....gets complicated really,really fast

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013

Oh awesome! :) how are you folks playing? Do you use like Roll20 or do you talk over some sort of video call and roll your dice at home?

We're using Roll 20 for most rolls and the map, discord voice chat for communication. One player is rolling physical dice, and we just take his word for it what he rolls, it's a group of friends and not that serious a campaign. A few of us don't have physical dice, so some form of online dice roller is a necessity.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
We're using Roll 20 for most rolls and the map, discord voice chat for communication. One player is rolling physical dice, and we just take his word for it what he rolls, it's a group of friends and not that serious a campaign. A few of us don't have physical dice, so some form of online dice roller is a necessity.
Ah nice! :) Very cool.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
90. My progress through Blood Magic is close to done on AS2 - I just don't know anything about Sanguimancy so I need to do some research into that.

I've also progressed with Thaumcraft - set up my infusion altar and Thaumatorium (I was pulling my hair out but got it eventually), as well as an alchemical furnace. I have just realised I did something a bit silly because I've gone and put my Thaumcraft area almost as far away from my AE2 area... and I was going to use Thaumic Energistics. Whoops :p Might be time for a Quantum Bridge...

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
93 currently making all that render code a bit easier to swallow by splitting the render function up into multiple.

In the process I gave the struct to read/write to the input 5 more methods that can be used to manipulate the value. I also fixed a bug when doing so, added some documentation and some example code which also counts as automated tests.

I also think the new code needs less allocations which should mean it is faster. Though, I didn't inspect the assembly nor bench marked it. So...who knows if that is actually the case.