Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
54 nice.

I made a pull request to quicksilver, it is still a WIP however, it adds an important feature :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
56 nice!

I added a bit of documentation to the feature in my pull request and addressed all the comments from the maintainer.

Also, despite me linking to the issue this was brought up, some other guy came in and showed his totally unrelated thing and told me that his thing is doing the job better only to get explained by the maintainer that that isn't the case. :) For some reason that just makes me happy :)

For reference, the pull request is about adding ways so you can have a fixed update /draw time. Basically a Timer class, which allows you to be that annoying kid that keeps on asking "IS IT TIME YET?!?" over and over again until IT IS FINALLY TIME!. And, after you drew/did the update it can start all over again.

The other guy came with a solution which was "I am not going to do anything, until you tell me it is time.". So, want to draw a frame 60 time a second? Well though luck because your code is waiting first for the next time to do an update which only happens 20 times a second :)

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
52 my pull request has been approved and the automated tests have run successfully. Yet it isn't merged yet :(

maybe tomorrow?