Good vs. Evil

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
82 That sounds a bit like iterating over a list using a foreach loop, where I my general solution is just use a standard for loop, and then get the item from the list using the id, which is what I actually iterate. The other option is to store the ID in the item, but then they must remain in order or be updated as the move, which isn't an really feasible for some cases, though I've used it when the collection isn't going to be reordered, and just need to store a bunch of instances of something in one easily accessible place.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
55? I got the random name generation working.

I ended up doing that part in JS and calling the function from withing Rust. It was easy once I understood how to use macro's or to be more precise, how to import them.

Also, I now have a simple to_string method on my enum for character types. Which means I should be able to simplify some of the logic to get the correct image

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
52 I'm going with he thought I was going up, since 82>53, so he worked off my last number being 54

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
53 yes, I was going up.

in other news, I had to update yew from 0.4.0 to the master branch, this because I needed a feature that doesn't exist in the 0.4.0 version. This feature being agents.

Agents allow me to write code that interact with services and that my components "subscribe" to and pass or receive data from them. I needed them so I could make a tick agent which is a simple wrapper over the Interval service, meaning that the game now has an update loop :)

The code is not yet on github though, for various reasons. One of them being that components can't unsubscribe yet and the other being that I still need to decide if I want to have this agent live in its own thread or be part of the main one.I... am really not sure what the best move is here.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
55 been a while since I posted anything about arena keeper. So... here is the latest and greatest screenshot
upload_2018-12-27_19-18-23.png

It doesn't do anything yet but.... at least the GUI is there now :)