Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
52 so.... I'm currently at 6 commander decks. Not so weird, except that not so long ago I only had 2 and never had an opportunity to play with one of them. So, not only do I now have 3 times as much decks. I also have 5 times as many which I have not played a single game with.

Also, the only one I did play games with has gotten quite the upgrade since last time.
Erebos, God of the Dead-> Drain life,draw cards,win game. Also, some shadow creatures mixed in for fun
Kruphix, God of Horizons->Ramp into big stuff and smash the opponent into the ground.
Phenax, God of Deception->play some walls->tap them walls->mill opponent. It also contains some snow permanents and interactions for fun.
Sidisi, Brood Tyrant->Put stuff in my graveyard-> create zombies and other stuff->win game.
Niv-Mizzet ,Dracogenius->Create chaos and maddness. I don't expect to win any game with it.
Sharuum the Hegemon->Create artifacts->Give them counters->use counters for their abilities->Win game. Either that or create an infinite loop that ends up giving me infinite turns and some tokens in each of those turns. Eventually that will win me the game as well.

The Phenax deck can defiantly be optimized, right now there is one card missing that should be in any Phenax deck and I'm missing some good creatures with the "inspired" keyword on them. (Like the one that turns stuff into gold)
The Erebos deck is probably unplayable in multiplayer as it will attract too much hate from the other players.
The Kruphix deck only makes use of 1 aspect of Kruphix right now as I don't have enough cards to make use of the no maximum hand size part of kruphix.
For the Sidisi deck I'm planning to put in a LOT more self mill. I want to be able to reliably empty my library and put in a few more cards to put cards back in. Being able to stack my deck exactly as I want to sounds exactly like how I want that deck to operate.
Niv-Mizzet may end up getting dismantled. It all depends if it is actually fun to play or just drags games on for too long.
And the fear I have with the Sharuum deck is that I spent too much money into it. I already never won any games with it because people feared it and banned together to kill it before it could do anything. So... giving it an upgrade may not have been the right thing to do......

Also, to make this happen I dismantled some normal decks. These include:
My first deck->Erebos (Both play pretty much the same as well.)
snow discard->Phenax and Erebos.
old standard Sultai -> Sidisi

An honorable mention to my old vampire commander deck. It got dismantled long before I made these new decks but quite a few of its cards ended up in the Erebos deck. It too never won me games because as it turns out, people are willing to band together if it means that they don't have to sacrifice a creature every turn again :(

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
51 I'm not fully feeling better today, but I have classes that I can't afford to miss, so I'm going out. Hopefully by tomorrow it's all good.

triggerfinger12

Apr 17, 2017
Rock
51. It looks ok... I could go on a rant about hollywood today having no creativity and only playing off of nostalgia, but I digress.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
51 I'm planning to finally rewrite the backend of rp_tracker (yes, I finally feel motivated to work on that thing again) but before I do that I'm making some small tools.
One of those is something that should allow me to not care about SQL for simple tasks again and instead use a simple "rule" system to get what I want. The plan is to be able to have these rules stored in separate files that can reference each other. Right now I simply wrote down some rules and started work on implementing the thing that generates the SQL, and so far it seems to go fine.
Code:
//rules
const rulesList = {
  select : [
  {
  tbl : "users",
  fields : ["id","name"]
  },
  {
  tbl : "roles",
  }
  ],
  join : [
  {
  on : ["users.roleId","roles.id"],
  }
  ]
}
const rulesSingle = {
  select : [
  {
  },
  {
  }
  ],
  join : [
  {
  on : ["users.roleId","roles.id"],
  }
  ],
  find : {
  col : "id",
  val : 5
  }
}
when its parsed
Code:
list:
sqlParams =[
  [ 'users.id', 'users.name', 'roles.id', 'roles.name' ],
  'users',
  'roles',
  'users.roleId',
  'roles.id'
]
sql = `SELECT
   ??
FROM ??
INNER JOIN ??
ON ?? = ??`

single
sqlParams = [
  [ 'users.id', 'users.name', 'roles.id', 'roles.name' ],
  'users',
  'roles',
  'users.roleId',
  'roles.id',
  'users.id',
]
sql = `SELECT
   ??
FROM ??
INNER JOIN ??
ON ?? = ??
WHERE ?? = ?`
The SQL library uses a single question mark to when it comes to normal values. However, for table names or column names it uses 2 and escapes them appropriately. Also, I didn't yet put the generated stuff into said library as its after midnight and I just quickly wanted to do something.

Next on the list is putting the results into the library though, which is then followed by turning the JS into TS and then make functions so I can break these 2 rules down into smaller parts that reference each other.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
50. There have been quite a few - there was Cinderella, and Beauty and the Beast. I actually thought Aladdin was coming before the Lion King though.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
51 I need to head into the lab tonight to finish up my data collection, hopefully it doesn't take too long.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
50. Fingers crossed!

I did a bunch of baking last night; got more to do tonight though. Should be... interesting. I'm already shattered and its barely 10am, and I'll be up late tonight. This... doesn't bode well.