Good vs. Evil

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
68 you know what is painful? Using React and typescript for the first time.

The thing that you need to allow for multiple pages isn't installed when you install react. Despite it being called react-router.
The most obvious way to install it, isn't the way you should install it. Instead you need to install something else (react-router-dom) which will also install react-router.
Don't forget to install the types for both of those though.
Oh, and did I mention it had a rewrite some time ago thus most tutorials are now outdated and you need to go out of your way to find tutorials for that version.
The linter that gets used by default is rather thorough and strict. However, tutorials don't care about it. Meaning that code posted inside tutorials needs to be changed pretty much always.
The errors that the linter gives are also not always the best.

Probably other stuff that I can't remember anymore.

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
69 I'm Stupid. I played soccer with the kids before heading to the zoo, and it was raining off and on. So I was in wet socks for 5 hours. My feet hurt.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
68 remember all the drama that has happened with modded minecraft?

Apparently, there is a simple minecraft server that has EVEN MORE drama.

Like that moment where someone made a copy of the "Project vault" server while it was still in development and used it to create the "2b2t museum" server before project vault went public.

And though this is a pretty backstaby thing, it doesn't even end here because the museum was used to get the ip address of other 2b2t players and the locations of bases from 2b2t that where not discovered yet. Additionally, the admins of the museum (who obviously also played on 2b2t) also didn't mind to grieve bases that where still in use for their own enjoyment and so they could be added to the museum.

Can you imagine the drama if those players where mod devs?

TL : DR. Someone copied an entire server for no other purpose than to destroy bases on the 2b2t server.

THEY ARE ALL JUST MAD!