Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
71 also, to be more precise about the species
The fairies have a steampunk theme. They are also basically the dutch during the golden age but in a more industrial setting.
The elves live on a separate island together with the werecats. In the past this island was a giant jungle, now it has become a deserted wasteland,They live near a river connected to the sea and trade the minerals and metals the werecats mined for them together with the werecats themselves as slaves.

The werecats used to be a very powerful civilizational but sadly enough for them the environmental change hit them very hard and they lost all their former glory. They also live on another small island where they farm valuable spices. They used to be brought there as slaves but thanks to some pirate elves they are now a bit more free. I say a bit more because they have no way of defending themselves during an attack and thus try to prevent that by pretty much giving away their produce.

As for the pirates I mentioned earlier, the elven pirates used to be some elves that wanted an adventure and eventually discovered a new island. This island was home to robot monks and cyborg cavemen. They exchanged cultural knowledge and technology with the monks and where the ones that freed the werecats from that island like I mentioned earlier. They have become a very powerful pirate faction by now where it isn't uncommon for the different captains to work together and they are still adventures by heart.

There are technically also pirates from the fairy sides, but they are more just traders that don't give a crap about rules.

And then there is the cross-breed of werecats and elves. They can't reproduce and health issues are not rare for them but that doesn't mean they aren't valuable for a pirate crew as the inablitly to have offspring means they have nothing to loose anyway and have a desire to be remembered. If you hear an awesome story of a pirate in this world, chances are pretty good the name belongs to one of these creatures, especially if it contains self sacrifice.

Assuming I put the mummies in they will find their place in the ancient temples of the werecats.

If you now scratch your head about the absurd species and their themes, the reason they have them and basically the reason that it started of as a joke was because Derek and Brandom fiechter have awesome songs some of which have as name the precious mentioned species+themes. The only change I did was turn the werecats into a slave species but they only have a song called werecat princess anyway so..... meh :p

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
72 I noticed that you hijacked your "A New World Appeared" discord server to toss info about this new world on there...

Also, as I was reading over the google docs you posted, I didn't see anything about the cyborg cavemen... what do?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
74 I see.

What was the issue with including the ninja mummies, exactly? You mentioned that they would hang out in temples that the werecats built back when they were prosperous and the jungle still existed... any reason they couldn't still be there, guarding their tombs from plunder-minded faeries?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
So far no Magic is needed to explain anything.(well, maybe the transformation for werecats) Mummies however Will probably need it

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
So far no Magic is needed to explain anything.(well, maybe the transformation for werecats) Mummies however Will probably need it
I see... hmm... you could have cyborg/robot mummies then, which would necessitate them being on the 'new island', with the cavemen and monks. That might actually work- give the cyborg cavemen a religion that necessitates mummifying and entombing the corpses of their leaders. The organic parts of their bodies would undoubtedly decompose or disintegrate over time, but the mechanical parts may not. Cyborgs with a sufficiently large mech/organic ratio might leave behind functional mechanical shells, which could, under the right circumstances, come back to 'life'.

What sort of a power source to the mechanical parts of the cyborgs use, anyway?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
The robot parts of the cyborgs are Made out of nano bots and kind of act similar to parasites.
I can't really change the religion of the monks well, i can but doesn't really fit.

The werecats used to have an not yet determined Tech level thus maybe i can exploit that.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
The robot parts of the cyborgs are Made out of nano bots and kind of act similar to parasites.
I can't really change the religion of the monks well, i can but doesn't really fit.

The werecats used to have an not yet determined Tech level thus maybe i can exploit that.
Euhm... My previous post was written as a stream of conciousness, so when I mentioned the robots, I hadn't thought through it at all yet, and then threw out the idea of robot mummies almost immediately in favor of cyborg mummies.

The ninja mummies being conglomerations of parasitic nanobots that have consumed their cave-dwelling hosts, no longer encumbered by clunky organic biology, thereby increasing their stealth and agility? Could work, methinks.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
75 because I should get a map

(of that world, it would help with hiding treasure and stuff :p)