Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
44 So...I was looking at the Social tab of one of my colonists and saw:"Attempted to woo Lisa into a romance. Lisa rejected the advance."
Not that strange except for the fact that Lisa already has a fiance WHO IS ALSO ONE OF MY COLONISTS!

edit: and the next day he tried it again >_>

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
45 considering I bought it, yes for as long as you like games like this. In terms of replay-ability
It currently comes with a scenario editor which lets you make a ton of changes to how you start and other things
It has 5 or so difficulty settings
plenty of biomes that have different problems to overcome but max and min temprature is also location based (jungle = a lot of sickness, desert= very little trees, etc, etc.)
There are 3 so called story tellers which you can choose from which changes which/when the game throws events at you
It has also an very good mod-api. In fact every bit of content of the game is written using the mod-api. (The game is even listed as a mod in the mod load menu)

It is also still in alpha and it is still getting worked on. However, despite being in alpha except for a weird sound problem that sometimes happened the game has had no problems at all. This sound problem may or may not be fixed by now as well.

Reactions: erindalc

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
46 If you don't know whether Rimworld's genre would appeal to you, you could try Dwarf Fortress. It's free, has been in development for a very long time, and has a carpton of features... if you can stand the graphics.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
48 also, due to me buying rimworld before the steam release I also have access to the non-steam, no drm of any kind builds :)
Thus I can technically give everyone rimworld. I am not going to though, as I don't like piracy.