Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
75 because

Yes, I just watch a little girl get turned into a bunny flush toy who then killed a lot of other flush toys with lots of blood spraying everywhere. Yes, it was pretty darn awesome :p
Thanks to that I now wish I had more time and skill in making 3d games with netcode (as in, a lot better as it is currently pretty much 0 ).

Reason: What about a game (Probably a first or maybe third person (or perhaps both due to the theme)) that is all about you being child playing with toys with other children.
You as a child have a toy box, this can hold a certain amount of items which are used to setup the map you have your match on. These toys don't need to be static (thus they can be a boring wall, or a tower that can collapse or something else).
You also have something like those lego bionicle, which is what you play as during a match. Thus you can get new parts for them.

The rest of the aesthetic would be making the feeling of being a toy even greater. Miss matched toys make up the map, looking up will probably show a roof of an obvious children's room. Maybe even have the children that play visible and interact with the map when things need to fall down (thus them pushing over the tower from Earlie) and also putting it back together when needed. If the game goes as far as showing the kids, maybe give them a voice as well as if those children are actually playing with the toys and try to make some sort of story out of the chaos of the match.

Very special abilities like teleporting could be shown by being picked up by a kid and dropped somewhere else on the map.

I think it could be fun, game mode could be something like capture the flag or maybe something else that would be even more fitting of the being a toy theme.

If a game like this already exists then please tell me its name :)
(And I am specifically talking about this theme, not games that play similar like it would probably be.)

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013

Thanks to that I now wish I had more time and skill in making 3d games with netcode (as in, a lot better as it is currently pretty much 0 ).

Reason: What about a game (Probably a first or maybe third person (or perhaps both due to the theme)) that is all about you being child playing with toys with other children.
You as a child have a toy box, this can hold a certain amount of items which are used to setup the map you have your match on. These toys don't need to be static (thus they can be a boring wall, or a tower that can collapse or something else).
You also have something like those lego bionicle, which is what you play as during a match. Thus you can get new parts for them.

The rest of the aesthetic would be making the feeling of being a toy even greater. Miss matched toys make up the map, looking up will probably show a roof of an obvious children's room. Maybe even have the children that play visible and interact with the map when things need to fall down (thus them pushing over the tower from Earlie) and also putting it back together when needed. If the game goes as far as showing the kids, maybe give them a voice as well as if those children are actually playing with the toys and try to make some sort of story out of the chaos of the match.

Very special abilities like teleporting could be shown by being picked up by a kid and dropped somewhere else on the map.

I think it could be fun, game mode could be something like capture the flag or maybe something else that would be even more fitting of the being a toy theme.

If a game like this already exists then please tell me its name :)
(And I am specifically talking about this theme, not games that play similar like it would probably be.)
Well, if this project ever does get off the ground, I know of a photographic technique that would do a good job of making things look like they're on the right scale. If you blur the foreground and background a bit, leaving a relatively narrow range of distances from the camera that's in focus, the things that are in focus look tiny.

masterzh

Forum Addict
Jan 6, 2013
Slovakia

Well, if this project ever does get off the ground, I know of a photographic technique that would do a good job of making things look like they're on the right scale. If you blur the foreground and background a bit, leaving a relatively narrow range of distances from the camera that's in focus, the things that are in focus look tiny.
76 If i am not mistaken its called "diorama effect".