Good vs. Evil

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Vanewolf29

Jul 29, 2019
-18 We are beating back evil. We are pushing it ever deeper, pretty soon it will have to dig down to even dig up.. Thats assuming of course we do not perish somewhere in mantle or outer core. @erindalc you turning away, you asked for my help in this you know.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
-16 Weirdos.

I just wasted a few hours sending hundreds of elves, unicorns, giant cave spiders, and trolls; dozens of dragons, bronze colossi, hydras, and rocs; and a few necromancers to boot to their deaths at the hands of other such creatures in Dwarf Fortress's object testing arena.

This is a good game.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
-14 It appears that bronze colossi are able to beat almost any non-procedurally-generated creature in DF, if not several hundred of them, except Dragons. I'll have to test the other, smaller firebreathing creatures at some point.

Dragons, it turns out, are kind of wimpy. Their firebreath is absurdly powerful, but it doesn't take that much to incapacitate them if you can get close enough. And that's not too hard, since their AI seems to like going in for melee attacks, even when their ranged attack is so much more effective.

Same goes for necromancers. Rather than hanging back and letting their hordes of zombies do all the work (and reanimating all not-too-badly-mangled corpses in sight), they prefer to go into the middle of everything where they can get killed.