Good Server host?

LtNachos

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, I am looking for a server host and want some recommendations i wish to run Unleashed with MCPC+ and with the errors i've experienced with my old host i need to change the permgen size to have it work as that was the error i was getting. My server host refuses to make this change for me so i need to find a host that will or allows me to do so.

A little info i guess would be needed
My previous host was giving me 2gb ram at 12.50 CAD and hope i can find simillar but if not it isn't a huge deal
I live in Canada and hope for a server close to me my last one was hosted in New York

Thanks anyone who makes suggestions

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
Why not creeperhost? They can provide a 2GB VPS for 18.60 CAD.

If your confident with a VPS and SSH they provide you with root level access to the server so you can make whatever changes you want.

It can even work out cheaper if your paying for web hosting and VOIP as you can just run them all up on the VPS (Although I don't recommend it on a 2GB VPS and you know, putting all eggs into 1 basket is never good)

https://www.creeperhost.net/cart.php?gid=6&currency=4

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
Creeperhost's terms isn't what I'm okay with. Limited support by the hours, refund policies that just have a loophole so they don't have to give you one. I'm currently using DoanVPS as my host http://client.doanvps.net/aff.php?aff=012 . They are not cheap but hey at least they are cheaper than Fragnet's counterparts ($13.20 a GB at Fragnet and at DoanVPS is about 9 bucks a GB) Performace between the two are the same (if not even better customer support and performace at DoanVPS). I'll also say never go with GGservers cause they are not respecting their own terms and "24/7 support!" doesn't even exists. That's the truth behind those idoits that sell servers at a "cheeseburger's a GB".

pherce

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know creeperhost gave out SSH, are you locked in your home dir? Root access?

I'm currently using http://provisionhost.com/minecraftservers.php and you get: root, SSH/SFTP, McMyAdmin, and good support. They have a location in Toronto so it can't get any closer to NY than that, although it would cost you about 2 more dollars a month over creeperhost. Of course since you'd have root, you can launch your server through McMyAdmin with your own custom java flags.

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't know creeperhost gave out SSH, are you locked in your home dir? Root access?

I'm currently using http://provisionhost.com/minecraftservers.php and you get: root, SSH/SFTP, McMyAdmin, and good support. They have a location in Toronto so it can't get any closer to NY than that, although it would cost you about 2 more dollars a month over creeperhost. Of course since you'd have root, you can launch your server through McMyAdmin with your own custom java flags.

Creeperhost give you a normal VPS with root level access, they just market it as "minecraft hosting". When I was with them I didn't have too many issues although I hated the control panel, it was more fancy than functional.

I don't think I would ever go back to shared hosting, it just doesn't suit FTB well. Root level access is the easiest, especially when it comes to server optimization.

I'm currently with Intreppid on one of their 4.5GHz Overclocked Haswell i5 dedi's. They are very expensive but you definitely get what you pay for with them.

Luke_H

Jul 29, 2019
Creeperhost's terms isn't what I'm okay with. Limited support by the hours, refund policies that just have a loophole so they don't have to give you one. I'm currently using DoanVPS as my host http://client.doanvps.net/aff.php?aff=012 . They are not cheap but hey at least they are cheaper than Fragnet's counterparts ($13.20 a GB at Fragnet and at DoanVPS is about 9 bucks a GB) Performace between the two are the same (if not even better customer support and performace at DoanVPS). I'll also say never go with GGservers cause they are not respecting their own terms and "24/7 support!" doesn't even exists. That's the truth behind those idoits that sell servers at a "cheeseburger's a GB".

We try to keep response times under a hour at all times but there can be exceptions, but we are working on this.

The refund policy is harsh, but 9/10 of the refund requests we get are processed without much investigation because they are always fair reasons....the 1/10 that doesn't receive a refund is always when someone purchases a mini-slime and expects to run FTB Unleashed on it. (Magma cube was designed for that specific reason).

It is absolute full root access, there are zero limitations to what you can do. (Apart from the virtualsiation limitations of course!)
We also have a Permgen variable option available from the control panel as well. (If you want to change it from 28-512).

Dedicated boxes are great for FTB, especially low end ones.
Getting a later gen I3 dedicated box with 8gb of memory and a SSD can see quite a few players (50 from experience).

Throw a ticket into CreeperHost if you want any extra information, I'll probably end up answering it.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Creeper host is pretty good if you want a stable VPS, I have used creeperhost before and liked them a lot I just think they could give you a little more cpu power to their VPS servers.