Good mods to add to a server.

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
I just started a new server for me and a few of my friends to play on. One of them and i are planning on doing youtube together. So my my question to my fellow FTBers, what are a few good/fun mods to add to the ultimate pack.
Sofar we are adding:
● Ropes +
● Back Tools
● TrainCraft
● Planes Mod

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
your topic is less then a day old, give people some time to reply, we all don't live in your timezone.
how about adding some sort of dungeon mod, giving you and your friends the challenge to conquer them.

Reactions: Cubstep12

Cubstep12

Jul 29, 2019
your topic is less then a day old, give people some time to reply, we all don't live in your timezone.
how about adding some sort of dungeon mod, giving you and your friends the challenge to conquer them.
Yeah. I guess your right, I apologise.
Do u happen to know any dungeon mods I could add?

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. I guess your right, I apologise.
Do u happen to know any dungeon mods I could add?

well, I loved Better Dungeons, but sadly it hasn't been update really since 1.2.5
they do have a beta out right now for 1.4.7, but I don't know if it's really a good idea to add a mod that's in beta to the server with the last real update in 1.2.5
there is also Floating Ruins, but they are really simple and not really that fun. then there's also Ruins by AtomicStryker, it's not as good as Better Dungeons, but it's going a pretty good job
though for some reason I keep lagging horribly with Ruins, so I don't have it installed.

there's also the Dungeonpack, a dungeon mod that is also pretty good, but it has quite some horrible bugs going on right now

Profjb

Jul 29, 2019
atmosmobs
minechem 2
chococraft
lockit
bibliocraft
Gregslighting
minions mod... Honestly I could go on forever. These are my favourites :).

glepet1962

Nov 15, 2012
there's also the Dungeonpack, a dungeon mod that is also pretty good, but it has quite some horrible bugs going on right now

What are some of those bugs? I have it installed and haven't encountered any problems yet.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What are some of those bugs? I have it installed and haven't encountered any problems yet.

well, last time I saw it had the problem if constantly generating a structure to pretty much infinity, so instead of a normal size structure, it'd keep generating it, completely messing up the structure itself, and a good part of the world.
it first happened with the new ship they added (which btw is awesome) but it seemed it also affected other structures now.

though it's been a while since I last checked the mod, maybe they've fixed it completely now.

Nemesis688

Jul 29, 2019
AtomicStryker also has battle towers! But I'd tweak the configs to make them a little more rare. Also, be careful with the planes mod. I was experimenting with it before and ended up killing myself about three times with it. Each time I was trying to exit the plane while on the ground