Gold farm without spawner, 100% possible!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Has anyone seen this before?

• Total voters

ElectroToxin

Jul 29, 2019
So I am sure I'm not the first one who has thought of this or done it, but I can't find anything about it online, so I decided to make a post about it.

So we call like to get our gold farms going. Whether it was soul shards or now EnderIO. But what if there was a way to do it without any spawners?

So I set up my spawner and was getting gold. Great. Slower now since EnderIO spawners are slow without a lot of power and capacitors. Then I was killing them manually since I needed draconic souls. Well, I got a pigman trophy. Nothing special. Til I placed it down, and right clicked. 1 gold Nugget. Kay. Only happens once in a while. Orrrr, immediately every time you place it down. Okay, creative gears turning.

So at this point, I'm making two autonomous activators and a block breaker. Now that I'm thinking about it, I may only need one autonomous, but it works regardless. So, I set up EnderIO item conduits with filters, as well as a 6 repeater max delay redstone clock for the block breaker. This is because the block breaker will break the trophy before the activators can get the nugget, And VWALA!

2015-02-28_23.47.46.png2015-02-28_23.47.59.png2015-02-28_23.48.07.png2015-02-28_23.48.19.png

Kinda broken, but also kinda slow. But still. Pretty awesome. Can reduce mob lag a lot I imagine. Only entity that would be on the ground is a single nugget ever 6 seconds or so. Unless of course you do multiples of these. But the best part about this, is it takes absolutely no power.

Last edited:

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Interesting... This might be good to throw at that "Extremely Low Lag Builds" thread...

There's probably faster ways to click the trophy than a pair of AutoActivators, since those, for some reason, don't have a "Click once" mode. TT dynamism tablets, maybe?

ElectroToxin

Jul 29, 2019
I had never heard of those. Just thought of this. But it's still a very nice generation rate. In about 10 minutes I have at least 8 (Very roughly estimated) stacks of nuggets. But Ya, improvements could happen.

Infusionzzz

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good idea but could be easily improved and you could triple output easily. I currently have a setup in the nether to produce gold for me. All you need is some cursed earth and a mob grinder and you are pulling in about 30 nuggets a min as well as 5-10 swords which you can smelt in a smeltery and get the gold. This setup also produce a large amount of mob essence and is very power friendly

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
This is a good idea but could be easily improved and you could triple output easily. I currently have a setup in the nether to produce gold for me. All you need is some cursed earth and a mob grinder and you are pulling in about 30 nuggets a min as well as 5-10 swords which you can smelt in a smeltery and get the gold. This setup also produce a large amount of mob essence and is very power friendly
The point of this setup, as I understand it, was to be more server-friendly than grinding pigmen. While spawners and cursed earth in the Nether certainly work (and it sounds like your grinder setup might actually generate power, if you burn the mob essence in reactant dynamos or something), mobs use significantly more CPU than most blocks and items do. Also, this setup is less likely to lag out the server entirely if the wrong thing breaks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
perhaps you could also use Steve's Factory Manager for this setup for the placing, breaking and picking up of the items.
that way it'd be incredibly easy to expand this build, as you could simply use the "for each" command of SFM to add more cable blocks

Reactions: jokermatt999

axzxc1236

Jul 29, 2019
Never thought about this exploit before, I was using cursed earth in nether and use spikes.

Skvapter

Jul 29, 2019
So just to clarify, place Trophy, click Trophy, Receive nugget, break Trophy, Repeat?

Ehhhhhh, I'll just stick with my EnderIO Spawner :p

Reactions: rhn

ElectroToxin

Jul 29, 2019
I thought it was pretty neat. I plan on setting up multiples, then I can just store all that power I'll be saving :D But, not to say spawners don't produce more. Also, anyone that's interested, I made a small video on it. Editing the post with the video now! Thanks for viewing too!

Last edited:
Reactions: pc_assassin

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
I like this, I may have to improve it like I always strive to do but still this is pretty cool. And if its done on a server it can just be chunkloaded and you'll be getting nuggets while your gone

-----------------------------------------------
Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2