Going nuts here... Macerator with Mindcrack 1.4.6???

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
Background: I'm running a server that uses the Mindcrack 1.4.6 modpack. I *was* using the Beta Pack A modpack.

There are just so many recipes... I have 3 diamonds after hours of searching. So I finally place 3 diamonds with 4 flint and a machine block and an electronic circuit... no go. It wants INDUSTRIAL diamonds to make a macerator. Ok, fine.. but when I research the recipe to make that, it requires machines that require a MACERATOR! Going around and around in circles...

I feel like I'm smacking my head against a wall here... very frustrated!!! :)

So - on a server where we're starting from scratch - what is the very, very basic recipe that will allow us to build a freaking Macerator with the Mindcrack 1.4.6 modpack? Any help here is appreciated, and thanks!

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
You need an advanced circuit not the basic circuit.

The rotating items on the recipe display are suitable substitutes - you can use diamonds, or industrial diamonds, or diamond dust, etc....

The most basic parts needed for the hard mode gregtech/IC2 macerator:
4 flint
1 advanced circuit
3 diamonds
1 machine block

Or use the thermal expansion pulverizer -- cheaper machine does nearly all the functions of the macerator.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
If you wait a second or two, the recipe should cycle around to regular diamonds. Industrial diamonds and regular diamonds should be interchangeable in the recipe. Because of some of the difficulty getting started in IC2, may I recommend the pulverizer from Thermal Expansion? (It runs of MJ--buildcraft engines.) It's a lot less expensive. It gives you bonus output and doubles your ores. While you are building it, you can use a Slag furnace from factorization and get a chance to have double ores. (about 120% of ore). It only takes cobble to build. It does require double the fuel usage though.

Drakt

Jul 29, 2019
Did you use an advanced electronic circuit?
(normal circuit and 2 lapis, 2 glowstone, 4 redstone)

Also its worth noting that there is a much cheaper pulverizer (it takes MJ and not EU, from buildcraft engines) which turns ores into 2 pulverised dusts.

(beaten to it!)

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
Industrial diamonds were discontinued many IndustrialCraft versions ago, it should work just fine with normal diamonds, can you show a picture of you putting the recipe in and it not working?

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, everyone. Sounds like a fail on my part - haven't tried the advanced circuit.

Advanced circuit works. Still... wow! The path to a Macerator is pretty steep on the new pack. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.[DOUBLEPOST=1357453692][/DOUBLEPOST]For those wondering - this was the recipe that worked for me: (formatted for a crafting table)

Flint Diamond Flint
Diamond MachineBlock Diamond
Flint AdvancedCircuit Flint

This DOES require a trip to the Nether - which requires a Nether portal - which requires a Diamond Pickaxe - so 6 diamonds total to get this in the Mindcrack pack.

This pack is no joke. I love it! Thanks to all that produce this work.

ATJ

Jul 29, 2019
The Mindcrack pack is ridiculously OTT hard imho unless you like cheating stuff in. You just can't make any real progress with it as you're constantly running out of your basic materials. If you think the macey is hard work, good luck getting yourself a decent power source in a timely manner. I'll bet that you'll wind up on running on geo-thermals due to the frustration at the materials required to make anything else with a comparable power output.

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
If it's easy, it isn't worth doing.[DOUBLEPOST=1357454198][/DOUBLEPOST]That said, it might be more realistic for those of us with servers that have a light population to consider other packs. The Mindcrack pack might be a bit ambitious for non-YouTube servers. Honestly, I felt that the Beta pack was perfect, but it isn't being updated... Oh well.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
You can always have the server owner tweak the GregTech config to the server population's liking then distribute the config file so everyone matches.

jasonmicron

Jul 29, 2019
In my case, I *am* the server owner. GregTech seems great, but I'm just now learning about what it all entails. I know I can tweak FTB and add/remove mods as I see fit, but my server population could get upset that something they saw in, say, Etho's video or JoeHillsTSD's video doesn't work because I disabled something.

Any way, getting side-tracked here. The thread's question was answered - thanks for your input everyone!

ATJ

Jul 29, 2019
If it's easy, it isn't worth doing.[DOUBLEPOST=1357454198][/DOUBLEPOST]That said, it might be more realistic for those of us with servers that have a light population to consider other packs. The Mindcrack pack might be a bit ambitious for non-YouTube servers. Honestly, I felt that the Beta pack was perfect, but it isn't being updated... Oh well.

Agree with you on both counts. There's about half a dozen of us that play on our server regularly and we are still using the beta pack and even with 6 of us working together it's plenty challenging enough to make stuff. We've been trying to make the matter fab for about 2 weeks - we finally found the last of the 8 iridium required a good few days ago and started making it, only to discover the need for 26 diamonds and a whole bunch of stuff from the centri. But even when we've built it there's more problems looming in the shape of lack of power to run it. But it keeps you busy and keeps the other guys playing, which is more than could be said after 3 days of playing another mod pack that shall not be named.:D

Exedra

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't need to go to the nether. You can craft it with gold dust. To get the gold dust, use a flint mortar with a gold ingot, as you don't have a macerator. Or didn't.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, everyone. Sounds like a fail on my part - haven't tried the advanced circuit.

Advanced circuit works. Still... wow! The path to a Macerator is pretty steep on the new pack. Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.[DOUBLEPOST=1357453692][/DOUBLEPOST]For those wondering - this was the recipe that worked for me: (formatted for a crafting table)

Flint Diamond Flint
Diamond MachineBlock Diamond
Flint AdvancedCircuit Flint

This DOES require a trip to the Nether - which requires a Nether portal - which requires a Diamond Pickaxe - so 6 diamonds total to get this in the Mindcrack pack.

This pack is no joke. I love it! Thanks to all that produce this work.

you know you can get netherportals from using water onto lava and building them layer by layer? ^^

Reactions: un worry

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Or just a block breaker, a lever and a screwdriver ;)

Well with TE you can also use Igneous Extruders for Obsidian, but definitly you do not require a Diamond-Pick for it.

Also GregTech has improved a lot now, also thanks to TE. TE implemented ferrous Ore, which gets Shiny Dust rarely by Pulverizing. Shiny Dust is the same as Platinum Dust and can be centrifuged for Iridium-Ore. Also the Iridium-Requirement is cut to 4 if you use the Platinum-Recipe for getting these circuit-thingies. And since TE makes Platinum avaible in endless amounts thanks to the Induction Smelter (which can turn 2 dusts into 3 ingots, which can than be pulverized to get more dusts which lead to more ingots), getting the MassFab is not that problematic anymore. Still if you do not have a desert (which supplies you with tons of BlazePowder via Thaumcraft) building a Blastfurnace is tough, but it is actually not that bad for a server, since it needs 128 EU/t anyway, which is tricky to produce alone but not a bigdeal for some people who work together.

Dackstrus

Jul 29, 2019
I literally pour in my starting nether gate.

Requires two buckets and some cobble or dirt.

Gregtech makes IC harder for a reason. IC machines are expandable.

I'm going to bet most will start with Thermal Expansion, unless you nip the recipes