Go on with IF:E or worth switching.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dentvar

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

It’s been some time since I was around here. Had to get married. Yea, go on blame me :D
Last pack I played was Infinity evolved(2.35 I think) I got reasonably far and next steps in the world would be starting RFTools and go for the creative receipts. I still have the world and could just go on there.

Looking what other modpacks came out (official and 3.d Party) I don´t seem to find any that's really different. I do not need the Hardcore experience from IF:E but wouldn´t mind it neither.
For what I can see SkyBlock is the go to now, I never played a skyblock map for long but for me the only difference is that you have eXnihilos or Magic Crops to get resources instead of mining. The rest of the core mods are the same and you will end up making your AE/Drawer or LP/Drawer system with the same late game mods as in IE:E.
That's not bad, but I can´t motivate myself to go through the hard early game just to end up doing the same stuff as in IF:E again later on.
Is there anything I’m completely missing here or is it just that Modded 1.7 is standing still a bit at the moment given the problems we have with all the Vanilla patching(were are more than enough threads around here for J )
I did not check all mod versions inside the packs so there might be a newer version of one of the core mods that add something nice gameplay wise. Or is it just the same stuff as in IF:E?

Thanks!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Modular Mayhem (packcode: modularmayhem) is very different from Infinity. No Tinkers, no Thaumcraft/Botania. Thermal Expansion chopped apart so you're not using that for everything.

Instead we have Chromaticraft, Essentialcraft, Magneticraft, Hydraulicraft, Silent's Gems, Matter Overdrive, Tardis... lots of off the wall, underrepresented mods, focusing on modularity and multiblocks.

Alternately, Space Astronomy, which has HQM questing, but it's not essential. You can throw the book away and pretend it never existed, and play free form. Galacticraft is there, so you can go to space, and it has More Planets so you have more than just three places to go. Pam's Harvestcraft for variety of food, Immersive Engineering, Railcraft, Mekanism, which has just updated to v9 and now includes new awesome things.

Reactions: Dentvar