Glitchy Frames (Not really a big deal)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
So yeah, I've been playing around with RedPower frames and was watching a video. I was surprised to see that a YouTuber was using frames and they weren't glitching really badly like I was used to. I was wondering if there is a way to optimize RedPower frames to make them smoother. An example of what I'm dealing with now can be seen clearly in this picture:

nx8754.png

As you can see, really bad artifacts being left behind by a tunnel bore (I was testing a tunnel bore build as I am literally brand new to working with frames. Anyways should I expect these glitches or can I change a setting somewhere to make them act a little better. Oh and I know, I'm probably stupid, but I'm trying haha.

Vans321

Jul 29, 2019
if the youtuber was direwolf or anyone on the forgecraft server, they are using beta versions of the mods, which may be better optimized than the versions currently supported in the mod pack. Im not sure if thats the solution but you may have to live with this issue temporarily

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
No, actually it was a much older version, one of the old tutorials, I'm surprised I can't find anything on this. Anyways its not a big deal it doesn't actually break anything, even though the blocks do get in the way a bit, they aren't just visual glitches.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Are you definitely using the most updated version of the pack, and by extension red power? This may be a problem in an old build.

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
Using the newest version of the DW20 pack, though I've had this issue every version of RedPower I've ever used.

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, and no other mods or anything of the such either, highly doubting its a GFX issue, as I stated before its not just a visual glitch, the leftover blocks are ACTUALLY there, its just when you break them they drop nothing... its really weird.

Also things like wire and levers act like a full block in that you can't walk through them, only the glitched ones though.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
That is very strange indeed that they actually remain in the world, as blocks... Are you sure everything is properly held onto the machine by frames? It is a possibility that the frames are moving out from under the blocks because the blocks aren't properly secured.

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
Well I guess the picture doesn't it do it much justice, its just leaving behind fake blocks every so many movements, it ALWAYS leaves behind the exact same thing too, so if I were too leave it running it would leave a trail of structures identical to the one in the picture. Side note, they do completely disappear when I reload the world.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
Have you installed optifine?

Edit: I only ask because there was a bug with forge and optifine a couple versions back, relating to updating blocks. Could pertain to this situation, you never know...

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
Valid point mate, good catch, checking on that now... will confirm or deny here in a second.

Edit: And you hit it right on the nose, noteworthy though, this must be more than just a Forge thing, cause I've had this happen EVERY time I've used frames, even way back when. Also, I always use Optifine, it just never occurred to me that it was the cause of this issue. I wonder if this will ever be fixed, cause I really like having Optifine... I'm also noticing this doesn't happen on my server... its all just odd.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, I was really grasping at straws by saying Optifine... I think there is just general issues with Optifine and forge, they don't really like each other. About it happening "way back when," you have to remember that Elo is part of the team that made FML/Forge what it is today, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of her render code has the same issues Forge did with Optifine.

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
Valid point again, kudos to you friend. Any suggestions for replacing Optifine... or is it really one of a kind.

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
The classic Forge #515 I-don't-know-what-block-updates-are-how-do-I-open-doors-mummy bug rears its head again in a new form.

Update your pack. The latest pack has Forge #524 which has long since fixed this block update problem.

I'm still annoyed they left a broken Forge in the packs so long and I don't even use the pre-made packs these days.

maxpowa

Jul 29, 2019
As Velotican said, updating forge might fix your problems - I think Optifine itself updated to fix issues with users who were still stuck on using old forge builds, but you're still better off to try updating to a newer version of forge.

Rahmiel

Jul 29, 2019
My pack is 100% up to date, however I haven't been using Optifine since we discovered the problem, I'll try it out here in a minute or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.