Glass fibre cable bugs out and won't receive/send power

Status
Not open for further replies.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone!

I already reported the bug in the "bug thread" but unfortunately it keeps messing with my power supply, so maybe someone knows how to fix it:

I'm currently playing on a server with Unleashed 1.1.4 (it also happened in SP, though), it's the usual pack with only a few mods disable (EnchantingPlus, NetherOres,...) - IC2 is version 1.117.385-lf (unfortunately there isn't a new one for 1.5.2, right?).
My problem is that glass fibre cable sometimes acts like there's an invisible machine there and it'll bend that way. (screenshot) Whenever this happens, the machine in the adjacent block won't receive any power (Buildcraft, IC2, doesn't matter) and if I extend the cable, the other pieces will bug out half of the time and also won't power anything most of the time. Breaking the cable, placing blocks there and breaking them again, doesn't help, the cable'll be that way again when I place it.
I first experienced the bug when I tried to connect glass fibre cable to an electrical engine but it just wouldn't start (in spite of the redstone signal) and always say "unsufficient power supply". Everytime it happened, an electrical engine was connected to it.
I already tried measuring the packets that get sent/received with the EU reader and of course it always showed methat there's no power in the bugged cable.
The only thing I was able to do is to move the whole thing, so I can place the cable somewhere else but a few days ago it also started to happen with cables that didn't bug out before (I also placed them in 1.1.4), so I'm kind of worried that it's going to happen again and that I won't be able to use any of my machines because of it.

I know that it's also happened on another server before (they tried to charge a mfsu but it wouldn't receive any power), so it's not only me. Did anyone else experience the bug, too and maybe even knows what exactly is causing this and how to fix it?

Cozza

Jul 29, 2019
This is an issue with IC2 385. I've tested with #385, #374 and #364.

Works fine on #364 and Broken in #374 and #385. Something between versions #364 and #374 something broke things badly.

I rolled my 1.1.4 server back to #364 to fix the issue.

Reactions: nefentari

Patmustard

Jul 29, 2019
We also have the same problem on our FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 server. How can we roll back IC2 from version 1.117.385-lf to 1.117.364-lf?

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
We also have the same problem on our FTB Unleashed 1.1.4 server. How can we roll back IC2 from version 1.117.385-lf to 1.117.364-lf?

Download it for the server, put it on the server, then have everyone who connects to it download it for their clients.

Patmustard

Jul 29, 2019
I searched in the internet for the right version, but I wasn´t able to find it. Do you know where I can download it?

Status
Not open for further replies.