glass blowing in minecraft mod

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
i have been have a ider for a mod for some time but suck at codeing but good at art

it glass blowing in mc so the old way of cooking sand to me is boring .

so what i like to do is add the stuff in a glass blowing studio so u still use sand but also limestone clay dust and u mix in a Batch in a crucible the u make out a clay to make a pot and u heat it all in a kiln . so when hot u can remove bits of the molte glass and put in molds they can be made for wood or stone or metal .
and also have the glass in lots of colour so when u making the bach like making beer in ic2 u can add colour to change the look of the glass and how strong the glass is so it cold be a 1 hit of like obsiandin .

To make to potion bottle to have to use blowpipe so craft ider 1 blowepipe in craft table and 1 ball of molte glass makes 3 bottles .

and a bach of cooled glass can get so 16-64 glass blocks eg...... of how much stuff u add to your crucible and how hot u get the kiln.

so iam just looking for some 1 that can help with the codeing side of the mod .

Reactions: Greedseed

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
i like this idea. Another way to make the collored glass from Forestry.
Also some sorth or design lights off glass ?
Glass deccoration ( deccoration lacks a lot in MC )

If you can make this work i would +1 this for sure

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
But please, do not do it the railcraft way, removing the vanilla way, it makes many people hesitate to take the mod.

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
there still be the old way of making glass but this just away layter on when u want add colour and make the glass hader and chage the shape like with molds u could molds fences to glass colour onces and so on .

with the molds the be for the hard the shape the the strong the mold.

i post some photos later this week

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
crafting iders for kiln blocks that u make to a side of a coke oven in railcraft

and a metal mold and how u put a shape in the mold

Attachments

• kiln block.png
    kiln block.png
    4 KB · Views: 147
  • metal mold.png
    metal mold.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 109
  • mold1.png
    mold1.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 87

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I am not saying railcraft is right or wrong, just that it does make people not want to try out the mod just because of that specific reason, and they miss an awesome mod.
I thought I should state it as the topic was quite on the subject, sorry if I sounded like I was saying that railcraft did a bad job.

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
But please, do not do it the railcraft way, removing the vanilla way, it makes many people hesitate to take the mod.

If you as a modder add some new ideas, thats change the behaviour of vanilla blocks, you have to change the code / recipe for vanilla mc. Thats what the mod is for.

Sounds like some nice addition, but i am not sure what to use it for ...

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
Update of how they mods going we got more stuff done still no in mc stuff yet but we geting close maybe by next week

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like some nice addition, but i am not sure what to use it for ...

Mostly aesthetic value from colored glass blocks or items but maybe (if this doesn't replace the vanilla method) increased output of glass/glass objects (for example, maybe several pieces of glass per sand, but other types of glass require more or less sand or other materials)

I can imagine this could be very interesting - colored glass swords that don't have high durability but do a lot of damage, 'pure' glass that takes more sand but removes the opaque streaks in vanilla glass...

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
big update coding is good well we now got some of they new blocks done and a glass vase u can place it look very cool in mc no photo yet want keep all under they cover till we got more done but all looking good thinking this just a maybe we have v 1.0 done in 2 months or so. we see

have a good week all and happy time on ftb

octarockstudio

Jul 29, 2019
hay all mod going very well lot been done so far ervery thing i post on here is done but me and my mate i to going open tiss we think its redy had some bugs still to fix and add even more . i keep u up to date when we thin it be open to ervey 1.

have a good week