Getting started with ComputerCraft, questions about libraries and farming turtles

connerity1

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
I'm just getting started in computercraft and I have some questions.

1. How can I write programs in a way that makes them accessible from every computer and every turtle?
2. Am I doing something wrong or can farming turtle only till dirt, but not grass blocks?
3. Can you only compare blocks to the "selected" inventory slot of a turtle, or is there a way to specify a slot without selecting it first?

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
1. You can't, you have to either upload the code to www.pastebin.com and use the command ' pastebin get <code at the end of URL> <Desired name of program> ' or use a disk drive to copy the program onto a floppy disc, then use the same or other disc drives to paste it into others. Also, labeling a computer/turtle will allow you to break it, and it will maintain its info and ID. (Programs won't be lost, and its fuel level will stay)
2. No idea, never used the farming turtle because it's pretty much useless.
3. Only selected slot.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You can put the programs in the rom directory in the ComputerCraft.zip mod file if you have access to that. It's a bit of a cheat, and a bit of a pain when the mod pack updates, but it's pretty convenient.