Getting oil out of oil cells

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Exasperation

Jul 29, 2019
There is a way to automatically fill/empty oil cells before the fixed version, but it's painfully late-game: GT quantum tanks can do it (found that out doing creative mode testing when I ran into the same issue). It will also consume the cells if you're emptying them, though.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
there is also the way of putting the oilcells and fuelcells into a railcraft iron tank or a railcraft boiler. both ways consume the cell too.

the best thing right now is: refine the oil cells to fuel cells (further processing to nitrofuel might be an idea too) and put them into gregtechs diesel generator. this way, one fuel cell gives 380k EU, and it gives you back your empty cell.

I have another problem in my world: there are two types of oil sand. 247 and 247:247. only 247 can be processed in the centrifuge :(

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I think that 247 and 247:247 bug has been reported at GT thread, no idea if it's fixed or not though..

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
If you can get an admin to spawn you a 247:0, you can fix the 247:247 the same way XYcraft crystals work: put the :0 in a chest, and shift-click the :247 into it. It will all get converted to 247:0. Just make sure not to use all of it up, always keep at least one for converting more of the wrong ones.

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
thank you for this idea. since I have locations for both types (I guess, it depends on when the chunk was generated) I can convert them now in a more legit way. till now I used NEI for it, throw the wrong ones away and take the same amount of right ones.

since it is singleplayer...

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
there is also the way of putting the oilcells and fuelcells into a railcraft iron tank or a railcraft boiler. both ways consume the cell too.

the best thing right now is: refine the oil cells to fuel cells (further processing to nitrofuel might be an idea too) and put them into gregtechs diesel generator. this way, one fuel cell gives 380k EU, and it gives you back your empty cell.
Yeah, that's the solution I'm already using ... see first post. You don't happen to know how to automate the process of putting them in the tank, do you?

Buildcraft's refinery won't do anything with the oil cells.

I have another problem in my world: there are two types of oil sand. 247 and 247:247. only 247 can be processed in the centrifuge :(
Abdiel's solution for this works, but if you have recalcitrant admins, you can also silk touch a block of oil sand - that will give you the 247:0 you need.

Westingham

Jul 29, 2019
The best way I could find to automate the process was:
Macerator -> Electric Autocrafting Table -> Extractor -> Liquid Transposer (bucket goes back into Table) -> Tank (BC Tank or Railcraft Iron Tank) -> Refinery -> Tank (BC Tank or Railcraft Tank)

Requires Petrogen mod (http://ftbwiki.org/Petrogen)