Getting Magma Cream

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
I use linking books to travel. And I've found a stack and a half of rails from just 3 vanilla dungeons.
Are non-stacking buckets the only way to craft with creosote oil? We could really do with a railbed-crafter machine which has an internal tank that can accept piped input.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I use linking books to travel. And I've found a stack and a half of rails from just 3 vanilla dungeons.
Are non-stacking buckets the only way to craft with creosote oil? We could really do with a railbed-crafter machine which has an internal tank that can accept piped input.
Creosote bottles work fine and stack.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Cans and capsules also work (no, they don't give you container back, this is not TE), however bottles are cheaper. And railbed-crafter machine was mentioned in this thread, it is called carpenter, this is not gregtech that everything need separate machine. Also it uses only 0,75B of creosote oil per tie.

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Just started using the blast furnace to make some steel plates for a feeder and I gotta say it's probably the most retarded addition to the pack. Gregtech changing the recipes to steel seems even more foolish now. The thing takes forever to cook and uses huge amounts of fuel. If greg's plan was to make everything a pain in the ass he succeeded. It seems stupid to use such a contraption when we've got all of these efficient fast moving machines at our disposal. Everything will be held up by steel production.
I'm confused. Are you blaming GregTech for the Feed Station recipe? Because GregTech didn't do that. Railcraft itself had a recipe change after the Feed Station's functionality was greatly improved.

eculc

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused. Are you blaming GregTech for the Feed Station recipe? Because GregTech didn't do that. Railcraft itself had a recipe change after the Feed Station's functionality was greatly improved.
He's referring to gregtech changing some IC2 recipes (Like the mining drill) to use steel instead of refined iron.

Reactions: MFINN23

Excalibur42

Jul 29, 2019
I actually never use rails in my minecraft worlds, too tedious for me and there seems to be not much practical benefit when you have portal guns.... and IC2 teleporters for the endgame, and also just a good ol' map and walking boots and you should be fine :D

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I actually never use rails in my minecraft worlds, too tedious for me and there seems to be not much practical benefit when you have portal guns.... and IC2 teleporters for the endgame, and also just a good ol' map and walking boots and you should be fine :D
I use rails because I like Steves Carts, also the loaders\unloaders of various flavors are great for moving large volumes of stuff with minimal overhead. There is also the fun that is setting up a nice complicated railsystem which showcases the various beautiful vistas that I have found with EBXL (and vanilla to a lesser extent) scattered around the worlds I've had.

For transport I use Intra-Linking Mystcraft books\portals because you are right bugger waiting for travel time, unless of course that is itself the point.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I love using rails for that steampunk feel. Plus with all the different carts and the ability to make custom carts to do different jobs the posibilities are endless really. why make a forestry tree farm when you can make a rail system to do the same thing and have it deliver the wood to where you want it and go back to do it again?

Reactions: AlanEsh

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Creosote bottles stack fine and is what I use ;)

edit Ninja'd by WTFFFS
Ah, good, I'd kinda expected that, but doubted due to the post about using buckets.
He's referring to gregtech changing some IC2 recipes (Like the mining drill) to use steel instead of refined iron.
Is that what all the Gregtech fuss is about? I can see how on one hand it makes some logical sense, flavour-wise, but on the other hand it does make it quite a lot more expensive (one coke per ingot!!), especially for those unfortunate souls who don't have access to blaze powder via TC3's cinderpods :p

LimpLungs

Jul 29, 2019
I also think you can get blaze powder somehow through industrial centrifuge and add it to slime balls :) it takes a while to get the stuff though i think :(

SeniLiX

Jul 29, 2019
I also think you can get blaze powder somehow through industrial centrifuge and add it to slime balls :) it takes a while to get the stuff though i think :(
Correct.

put a stack of redstone through the centrifuge and you get "eye powder" (correct me if it's the wrong name) Then take this and centrifuge it once more to get 8 blacepowder I think.
It's a nice alternative which could save you the trouble of even going to the Nether, or if you just can't find a blazespawner.

Along the way you even get other materials as well. ;)

Slimes are easily found in swamp biomes.
If you can't find those, try out Factorization.
Put a bucket of milk + lime dye in the crystalizer and get slimeballs in return. (Takes a while but still better than running around forever, searching)

This is what's truly amazing about the pack as a whole. The possibility to do something in a different way by using mechanics from several different mods instead of using the same old ways as usual (Like when making the drill in IC)

Tedious you say? I say great fun and a great way to make use of the pack and not just a single mod.:)

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Correct.
put a stack of redstone through the centrifuge and you get "eye powder" (correct me if it's the wrong name) Then take this and centrifuge it once more to get 8 blacepowder I think.
It's a nice alternative which could save you the trouble of even going to the Nether, or if you just can't find a blazespawner.
Along the way you even get other materials as well. ;)
I don't think any of that works -- I checked both the Ind Electrolyzer and Ind Centrifuge recipes from Gregtech and there is nothing that looks to make blaze powder.
http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Industrial+Centrifuge
http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com/Industrial+Electrolyzer

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
The fuel requirement is not horrible if you use coal coke (unless that was changed by That Awful Mod Which Shall Not Be Named). It's still slow, but I have such little use for coal that I don't mind turning it into coal coke.
Coal Coke and regular coal are worth the same in the Industrial Blast Furnace. 1 Iron Ingot = 1 Steel Ingot.

Did you honestly expect anything different? Coal coke producing more Steel would be too OP!!!!

ARG GAWR OMG WTF BBQ *rage head explode quit*

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
For slime balls, go to a Swamp biome and hang around for a while, you should be able to find slimes all over the place there.
Slimes don't have a particular biome they prefer, turn show slime chunks on in Rei's minimap, that's where they spawn

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang introduced slime spawning in swamp during the night some time ago. However I prefer FZ crystallization method, even without power system it is quite efficient. I drained about 50 % of one battery while crystallizing two batches of lime dye in 3 crystalizers (30 slimeballs).

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Mojang introduced slime spawning in swamp during the night some time ago. However I prefer FZ crystallization method, even without power system it is quite efficient. I drained about 50 % of one battery while crystallizing two batches of lime dye in 3 crystalizers (30 slimeballs).
huh... didn't know that

Reactions: slay_mithos

dieselfuelonly

Jul 29, 2019
Ya'll need to quit whining and use your head. Think outside the box. Set up some kind of a tree farm with a couple coke ovens, let them do their work.

In the meantime, set up several magma crucibles and smelt cobblestone or if you have access to the nether go get netherrack into lava.

Put the lava into an industrial centrifuge and let it work.

This gives you copper, tin, electrum, and i think a tungsten dust.

Keep the electrum and tungsten somewhere safe for later. Take the copper and tin and use it to make bronze.

Put the bronze into your rolling machine and... rails.

Don't waste your iron on steel for rails, save that for stuff where iron is really your only option. Ya'll have to think outside the box and get creative with some of this stuff, there is more than one way to accomplish a goal in minecraft and whining about how hard it is not the solution.

Reactions: un worry and Abdiel

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I got most of my normal rails from abandoned mineshafts as well, but they're not really very difficult or expensive to make. I find the worst part to be the wooden railbeds because it's such a tedious recipe (courtesy of non-stacking creasote oil buckets).
Or you could just get an autocrafting table and a liquid transposer filling buckets automatically.

Come on people, this is not TerraFirmaCraft, you shouldn't have to do every single thing by hand.

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
Or you could just get an autocrafting table and a liquid transposer filling buckets automatically.

Come on people, this is not TerraFirmaCraft, you shouldn't have to do every single thing by hand.
To be fair, for such a set-up you'd still need a diamond sorting pipe (to sort the bucket for recycling from the track output), or redpower filter.

But yes. Automation, automation, automation!