Getting binnie mods to work with the latest version of railcraft

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
So I have been trying to make Binnies mod to work with the latest railcraft for the past hour and it still just keeps crashing. I tried installing the binnie fix mod but minecraft stilled crashed. Please help.

Last edited:

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by "work with"? The two mods don't have much of a connection with each other... would be good to mention what you tried and how it didn't work.

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean by "work with"? The two mods don't have much of a connection with each other... would be good to mention what you tried and how it didn't work.
What I meant was if you take railcraft version 9.4.0.0 and and add binnies mod version 2.0 dev5 they crash the game because binnie uses the old MJ api and know one uses that api anymore. The reason railcraft worked the version before was because it stilled used the MJ api.

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this is holding me back from updating Railcraft in Wanderlust Reloaded. Sadly, I cannot do anything about it. The API's are incompatible and we need to wait for Binnie to release a fix, however, he is busy with real life.

pancakemaster24

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this is holding me back from updating Railcraft in Wanderlust Reloaded. Sadly, I cannot do anything about it. The API's are incompatible and we need to wait for Binnie to release a fix, however, he is busy with real life.
This is the reason I tried. I wanted to play with the new railcraft in wanderlust reload but you didn't update it for the reason you said. So I tried and failed so many times.

Reactions: Yulife

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013

There is an official workaround: https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/issues/2283 - you can do it either in the BC jar, the Binnie's Mods JAR or as a separate JAR (Direwolf20 Pack did the third route).