Getting an MFR Planter to Work with Natura Saplings?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Specifically, I want to use silverbell logs and saplings an masse for a large build. Is it possible to make the MFR realize these are plantable? The harvester harvests them fine. I prefer not to use the EnderIO farming station at this point in my game so I'm really just interested in solutions involving MFR.

HSIkMy

Jul 29, 2019
Silverbell breaks ground below them, I think. You need to use fillers to keep putting dirt in... for the planting i suggest you to use autonomous activators, turtles, or BC robots

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Will MFR cut them down? Would be annoying to find out that they didn't once you went to the work of planting them.

Personally, I'd suggest just getting a charged lumber axe and going berserk. Probably less hassle in the long run.

ChemE

Jul 29, 2019
Silverbell breaks ground below them, I think. You need to use fillers to keep putting dirt in... for the planting i suggest you to use autonomous activators, turtles, or BC robots

You're thinking of Thaumcraft's silverwood trees.

Will MFR cut them down? Would be annoying to find out that they didn't once you went to the work of planting them.

Personally, I'd suggest just getting a charged lumber axe and going berserk. Probably less hassle in the long run.

Yup, the harvester handles them just fine. Again, silverbells from Natura not Silverwoods from TC. Not much to chop per tree 4-5 logs tops.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That's kind of weird. MFR doesn't even have a config file that I can find. Have you tried Steve's Carts?
minecraft/config/powercrystals/minefactoryreloaded/

But I dont think MFR have ever had Natura support. Not sure why...
Actually as earlier mentioned it seems to be only some Natura trees that are not supported. Could be due to some of them spawning roots that would take out the Planter.

Reactions: KingTriaxx

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
but taking care of the roots should be possible.

for example: planter with a good range upgrade (silver or more), and leave the inner space out (cobble instead of dirt). a buildcraft-builder replaces the used dirt, and is placed in a safe distance, so it doesn't get consumed by the tree. worst case, the harvester can't harvest the roots.

besides, the consumed dirt can be replenished by using the dirt from a sludge-boiler.

Reactions: Type1Ninja