Getting AE to work with TE?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

villan4eva

Jul 29, 2019
I do apologise if this is in the wrong place or if it's common knowledge :)

I'm playing Agrarian Skies and I'm at my wits end.

I have an AE network set up along with a MA Pattern thingy-ma-bob (for convenience) and I'm trying to set it up so that if I want a stack of sand, cobble and gravel will be auto-pulverized.

Is that possible or am I just wishful thinking?

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
You need 3 "processing"-type ME patterns for each step of pulverizing (cobble->gravel, gravel->sand, sand->dust).
Put those patterns into ME interface on input side of pulverizer.
And, finally, you will need to import result back into the system through import bus or pipe/conduit connection of output side of machine with ME interface.

I also recommend you to make two additional pulverizers (and two ME interfaces), to have one machine per each step of production chain.
And don't forget to adjust interfaces' line with wrench.

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
To keep exactly a stack put a storage bus on an interface(crafting card in the interface) and put a stack of whatever you want in the top slots(arrows pointing down). It will then craft up to 64 and stop, the storage bus gives you access from anywhere in the system.

villan4eva

Jul 29, 2019
You need 3 "processing"-type ME patterns for each step of pulverizing (cobble->gravel, gravel->sand, sand->dust).
Put those patterns into ME interface on input side of pulverizer.
And, finally, you will need to import result back into the system through import bus or pipe/conduit connection of output side of machine with ME interface.

I also recommend you to make two additional pulverizers (and two ME interfaces), to have one machine per each step of production chain.
And don't forget to adjust interfaces' line with wrench.
Patterns as in the MA patterns? Also I haven't had chance to mess with the interfaces but will that allow the 'crafting' on demand? That's what I'm mainly looking for as I can start automating sooner than expected

DaemosDaen

Jul 29, 2019
To keep exactly a stack put a storage bus on an interface(crafting card in the interface) and put a stack of whatever you want in the top slots(arrows pointing down). It will then craft up to 64 and stop, the storage bus gives you access from anywhere in the system.

Or to keep a stack of gravel, simply feed a pulverizer cobble (using export bus) and put a storage interface on the output side of the Pulverizer, not exactly material efficient tho. but you'll always have the gravel (this can be done for any item processed in this manner). If you want more than 1 stack tho, your method would work better.

Maelstraz

Jul 29, 2019
Patterns as in the MA patterns?
Yes, ME Blank Patterns, adjusted in Pattern Terminal.
In AE2, there is two types of pattern recipes - crafting and processing. To switch between, you need to press that button with crafting table on right side of pattern terminal. It will switch on furnace and change interface of pattern a little bit.

Actually, yes, this is another (and, probably, easier) way to do it.
Put export bus on the input side of machine and storage bus on the output side of machine.

Then you will need set of this contraptions for each material you need, like gravel, sand, dust, glass, smooth stone, etc. Last two, of course, will require redstone furnace.

And after a three (or so) minutes of processing you will have a stack of each, stored into those machines. Cobbleworks! :3

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
or pipe the result using a smaller AE net (or any item transport system) in a inventory and put a storage bus from the main net on it.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I do apologise if this is in the wrong place or if it's common knowledge :)

I'm playing Agrarian Skies and I'm at my wits end.

I have an AE network set up along with a MA Pattern thingy-ma-bob (for convenience) and I'm trying to set it up so that if I want a stack of sand, cobble and gravel will be auto-pulverized.

Is that possible or am I just wishful thinking?
You can do that (others have said how), but I usually find I need enough of all that for unconditional auto-processing. Make a processing line that makes gravel, sand and dust, collect them in barrels and point storage buses at those barrels. Once full, the machines will stop processing because the output doesn't have anywhere to go, and you always have 4096 of each available; and since the cobble from which you make all that costs nothing you've gained a lot but lost nothing. You'll need the interface mechanic for enough stuff down the line not to bother with it where it isn't needed.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
One ME interface with a cobble -> sand recipe.
Chest
Use a servo'd itemduct to remove cobble from chest and the other end set to export cobble and gravel into a pulverizer
Pulverizer
Another servo'd itemduct to remove gravel and sand from pulverizer.
Connect itemducts together.
Another itemduct to insert sand into chest
ME import bus on chest set to import sand

Get your happies out.