Geothermal Generators Consume Items?

TheZecharon

Jul 29, 2019
I've read on several wikis that geothermal generators don't consume buckets/energy cells. I've been experimenting in creative mode and I can't seem to go them to return the empty cells. So my question is do they consume the items used to power them? If they don't, then how do I retrieve them?

Thanks

Jord5i

Jul 29, 2019
What you could do, is put the cells / buckets in liquid transposers (if you have thermal expansion that is) and pump it directly into the geothermals

drazath

Jul 29, 2019
What you could do, is put the cells / buckets in liquid transposers (if you have thermal expansion that is) and pump it directly into the geothermals

By the time you have the means to do that, directly pumping lava to the geothermals shouldn't be a problem, either?

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
You could just make a bunch of buckets and when you need the iron back, melt the buckets in an alloy furnace.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
By the time you have the means to do that, directly pumping lava to the geothermals shouldn't be a problem, either?
Easier to use an Enderchest across dimensions than to transfer liquid, possibly a little less lag inducing as well. (also XYcraft Alu makes pretty good cans which Geos seem to like, and if you have Gregtech Thermal Gens you get the cans back without a transposer on the generator end :D )

TheZecharon

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you all so much for the replies. I was asking because I wanted to have a setup involving Enderchests which I now do!