geo thermal generators.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
using Dw20

I have 6 of them supplying power to my mass fabicator. Is this enough or is there a better way.

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
using Dw20

I have 6 of them supplying power to my mass fabicator. Is this enough or is there a better way.

Is that enough? lol. Mass fabricator can accept up to 500,000 EU/t so long as no single packet exceeds 512 EU. So to fully power one you will require 25,000 geo-thermal generators as their max output is 20 EU/t. Guess you're gonna be busy for a while making some then. :D

Chrono

Jul 29, 2019
using Dw20

The mass fabricator is capable of receiving up to 512 Eu/t while each geothermal only makes 20 eu/t.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Well, depends how fast you want the mass fabricator to produce UU matter.

I've got a single geo therm powered by a magma crucible and a single normal generator powering the fabricator, no scrap for the bonus. All the power is supplied via a steam boiler and overflow wooden planks from a steves cart tree farm.
Yes, it will be slow to generate UU matter, but I'm not in a rush for it. I think I've got 6 UU matter now, so that's one iridum ore - wohoo!

Since I have sufficient biogas and steam producing MJ, I may upgrade it with a 2nd magma crucible and geotherm generator, or even be a devil, and add 2 more!

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
So i need to go to HV solar panels?

Up to you. Personally I lost interest after making 1 HV array as they are a complete pain in the arse to make (512 normal solar panels) and just that single one used up a sizeable amount of my resource stash. I use the HV array elsewhere now and just power the mass fab with LV but have a gate on it so that it's always turned off unless there is scrap in the chest next to it. Once some scrap lands in the chest from the quarry (via recycler) then the gate 'sees' it and pulses the wood pipe to pull the scrap out of the chest and also turns on the mass fab at the same time. Scrap acts as an amplifier for making the UUM and makes it faster than the fabricator does from normal EU. As you're using DW20 pack as well, my advice to you would be to forget trying to get silly amounts of EU to the fabricator and instead concentrate of getting large amounts of scrap into it (pump in it via its underside). You can either do this by filtering all the cobble/soil/gravel from your quarry into a recycler or you can set up a bunch of igneous extruders to make the cobble for you.

On the set up above I get about a stack of UUM every 30-40 mins. A little tip for you as well in case you hadn't realised - the forcicium you get from monazit ore is also a mass fabricator amplifier, so if you don't plan on doing anything with the MFFS mod just chuck it all in to the fabricator with the scrap.

Eli Delano

Jul 29, 2019
I am using 28 geothermal generators pumping lava from the nether into a 9x9x8 railcraft tank it generates 560 e/u per tick and it so much safer and low maintenance compared to a nuclear reactor out putting the same. I can charge a fully depleted mfsu in about 5 min. plenty of power to run a mass fab without the use of scrap.