Generating ALL the power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Yes 5 RTG pellets per radio isotope generator, but it is 16 EU/t forever. You would end up having to make a bunch of them, but they run from the leftovers of running reactors, so you need to being running reactors for a while to get them. Kind of a nice bonus to a semi limited resource.

If the goal is RTG pellets, it's pretty easy to maximize fuel usage in a reactor. I ended up putting in 9 cells at a time with 9 heat vents so I'd get 1 plutonium per cycle. I'm sure there's more rapid ways of wasting fuel for rtg pellets, but I didn't have a lot of spare iron lying around for more fiddly reactor bits.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If the goal is RTG pellets, it's pretty easy to maximize fuel usage in a reactor. I ended up putting in 9 cells at a time with 9 heat vents so I'd get 1 plutonium per cycle. I'm sure there's more rapid ways of wasting fuel for rtg pellets, but I didn't have a lot of spare iron lying around for more fiddly reactor bits.
Well, if you want to spend LESS uranium per Plutonium you get, use Big Reactors instead of IC2 Nuclear Reactors. It's Yellorium is actually Uranium, and its Bluetonium is actually Plutonium, and should be interchangeable(assuming the mod is not told it shouldn't do this). Not totally sure what Cyanite actually is, though.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
this time around on my next server restart im doing over the weekend to help save on server performance I am banning power plants and will gift people creative battery box.

no more tree farms and massive power plants to add to the tick rate lag any more. after all we all know we can build them no need to show off something every one has of the same thing XD

How many people are on your server?

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
Bees producing Redstone and a glowstone farm will give you pretty much unlimited RF and is efficient to boot. I'd aim for that.

Can you expand on this for the simple people amoung us? I am interested in learning more about your bee power.

Gavin

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Redstone and Glowstone can be used as fuels in the Reactant Dynamo (the one made with Electrum, I believe). Bees can make fuel for pretty much all the dynamo types, coal for steam, lava for magmatic, and liquid fuels for compression (oil, ethanol, and fuel) and reactant (Odd liquids, like glowstone/redstone, and low energy liquids like creosote and biomass).

Just gotta liquify it in the Magma crucible, then pump it into the appropriate dynamo. Another useful fuel is coal, melted down in the crucible, and then pumped into the Compression dynamo if I remember right is a pretty powerful fuel source. You get a lot of extra RF using it that way compared to just burning a chunk of coal in a steam producer, something like 24K RF vs. 1,000K RF (for the liquid).

Edit: Reactant dynamos also need a solid 'catalyst' fuel to work, with the liquid. Sugar works, as does I think redstone dust, ghast tears, and a few other things listed in .cfg file somewhere.

Reactions: Infallible83

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I also did a build using reactant dynamo's in combination with some other mods
I had a 9x9 IC2 crops farm of sugarcane, which got harvested by a harvester.
resulting sugarcane got converted in a cyclic assembler into sugar.
for the liquid I was using a 9x9 farm of 16 cows with 1 sewage underground.
this produced enough sewage to fill the cyclic assembler and several reactant dynamo's, thus running the dynamo's on sugar and sewage.
it worked pretty well, I also use extra Utilities to move around the items, liquid and power, seeing as I only really know Extra Utilities and EnderIO can run several types of things through 1 pipe.
sure, I could have also used tesseracts, but it often takes me a long time before I get enough pearls for a build like that

JoeDolca

Jul 29, 2019
I also did a build using reactant dynamo's in combination with some other mods
I had a 9x9 IC2 crops farm of sugarcane, which got harvested by a harvester.
resulting sugarcane got converted in a cyclic assembler into sugar.
for the liquid I was using a 9x9 farm of 16 cows with 1 sewage underground.
this produced enough sewage to fill the cyclic assembler and several reactant dynamo's, thus running the dynamo's on sugar and sewage.
it worked pretty well, I also use extra Utilities to move around the items, liquid and power, seeing as I only really know Extra Utilities and EnderIO can run several types of things through 1 pipe.
sure, I could have also used tesseracts, but it often takes me a long time before I get enough pearls for a build like that
Protip: Pulveriza sugar canes, is more sugar than simply crafting it with a cyclic assembler. Unless the sugar cane pulverizer recipe was removed at some point...

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Protip: Pulveriza sugar canes, is more sugar than simply crafting it with a cyclic assembler. Unless the sugar cane pulverizer recipe was removed at some point...

the thing is, you'll get so much sugarcane from the farm, you don't even need to increase the output of sugar.
unless you're ofcourse using a small sugarcane farm, then it might come in handy, seeing as you don't need sewage for the assembler anymore aswell

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
the thing is, you'll get so much sugarcane from the farm, you don't even need to increase the output of sugar.
unless you're ofcourse using a small sugarcane farm, then it might come in handy, seeing as you don't need sewage for the assembler anymore aswell

Pulverize sugarcane -> 1200RF for 2 sugars; 600RF/sugar
Cyclic Assemble sugarcane -> 1RF for 1 sugar; 1RF/sugar

60000% more energy used in the processing side + cyclic assembling is faster by a large order of magnitude (I could probably process a stack of sugarcane in the time it takes for one sugarcane to be pulverized into two sugars). The difference being you need a larger field for the cyclic assembler method over pulverizing.