Gendustry Help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

Yea i meant the tolernces, and thepage i found for the traits is way out of date it seems so been trying to find up to date chart. Want to make sure i have certain traits in the pack like both 2 or both3, also one other question say i put 1 trait like sped for example on the template can i replace with higher speed later?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yea i meant the tolernces, and thepage i found for the traits is way out of date it seems so been trying to find up to date chart. Want to make sure i have certain traits in the pack like both 2 or both3, also one other question say i put 1 trait like sped for example on the template can i replace with higher speed later?
You can replace the trait on the template I believe, but if you're not sure I think you can also copy the template, so you've got a spare in case anything goes wrong. I will say that I believe Both 3 (which is for temperature only, humidity only goes up to Both 2) is only available on one type of bee historically, which was the Doctoral bee from Thaumic Bees; Both 2 was available on the Robust (Extra Bees) and the Edenic (Forestry). Interestingly if Extras Bees and the Robust bee are available in 1.10 it might be good to go for that, as it also has Humidity Tolerance Both 2 as well!

EDIT: Extra bees is in Alpha for 1.11 and 1.12, but not 1.10; not sure which you're on. There was also a "More Bees" mod which is in release for 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12 - not sure what that has.

Reactions: Daihok
D

Daihok

Also trying to find if there is any faster speed i can get then fast. im in 1.12.2 but yea i saw the chart and looks like endearing bee and aura bee not in as far as i can tell. Also flowering is rocky best trait for that?

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Also trying to find if there is any faster speed i can get then fast. im in 1.12.2 but yea i saw the chart and looks like endearing bee and aura bee not in as far as i can tell. Also flowering is rocky best trait for that?
just a quick look in the master apiarist database in a test world says cyan and pink bees are both fastest speed and fairly easy to get to

D

Daihok

Yup i do have the colored bees. Wierd though now the second list i had of traits seems it is out of date also cause yea dont list the colored bees at all lol. Wish i could find up-to-date list lol. Myabe once i get everything all figured out Make an updated list myself cause its been a pain trying to fin anything thats updated.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
D

Daihok

To pretty much not have to plant any flower types that way can just throw the bees in apiary and it goes lol

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
@Nuclear_Creeper0 is spot on here - I've heard tell of a player trying to remove the flowers trait and discovering that some bees won't drop their secondary drops without their flower. In this case the flower was a either skeleton skull, an emerald block, etc, but still :) that may not be the case here, but it doesn't hurt to have all bees just need normal flowers.

D

Daihok

Ended up going with the rocky flower trait. So far seems good. My main template almost complete long road gettin there even with gendustry lol. Was wondering though wouldnt i want fertility 1 on main template since i really dont need the extra drones being as it is for production?

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Ended up going with the rocky flower trait. So far seems good. My main template almost complete long road gettin there even with gendustry lol. Was wondering though wouldnt i want fertility 1 on main template since i really dont need the extra drones being as it is for production?
Absolutely, yeah. High fertility is useful when you want a bunch of drones so you can extract traits that you want, or you want to breed extra princesses of a particular type, but for production bees Fertility 1 is ideal because it means you won't get any extra drones, you can just have it on automation and as long as you're extracting the combs you can let it run to your heart's content.

D

Daihok

Why would anyone not want to mess with bees? That explorer trait is soooo nice lol.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
or you want to breed extra princesses of a particular type

Is this a thing? Last time I did bees was in 1.7.10 and I don't remember that being a thing, you always had to override a princess to change its type. If you can do this now that'll make life so much easier when I start playing with bees again.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Put an princess in a a gendustry hive with a stack of Target bee type drones and an automation upgrade. Make sure you have e the right flower for both starting princess and target species and walk away. By the time the stack of drones is gone the princess will convert.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Put an princess in a a gendustry hive with a stack of Target bee type drones and an automation upgrade. Make sure you have e the right flower for both starting princess and target species and walk away. By the time the stack of drones is gone the princess will convert.
@Padfoote *points up* this is what I meant, sorry I didn't explain very well :/

Reactions: Padfoote

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Usually doesn't even take a stack of drones to convert a princess completely. From what I remember the magic number was 8 stacked drones could fully convert a princess. This is one of the reasons I don't mind using the junk princesses for breeding. As long as I can use the drones to convert my production pristine princesses to what I need who cares what is used in the breeding process.