Gendustry Biome Emulation for Mutation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

DanyNoub

May 6, 2020
Hello,

I tried to make the title as self explanatory as possible :D Is it still true that if, for instance, I want to mutate bees into a species that can normally only be created in Nether, I can achieve the same result in any biome with an industrial apiary upgraded with a hellish simulation?

Because I've been trying that several times in the past few days and either it doesn't work like that, and I have to put apiaries in specific biomes, either I'm VERY unlucky :/

Any help will be very appreciated :) Cheers

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Since you're already using Gendustry, look into the Mutatron

You don't need to faff about with small % chances to mutate any more, you can just force the mutation and get a pure-strain queen of your chosen species out the other side.

DanyNoub

May 6, 2020
thanks for your answer ( here and on the other thread)

TBH I kinda like crossing species and slowly improving them, as well as trying to mutate them "the old way". There's a sort of thrilling into finally getting the species/traits you were trying to optimize

I didn't look into the mutatron though, maybe it's another nice challenge in itself even though it's simpler?

I just wouldn't like to feel I'm using some overcheated machines, I'd feel like I might as well play in creative mod. I do use industrial apiaries but they come with great RF cost and lots of required material, I guess that's enough for me not too feel too much in a "creative mod".
But I'm almost opening a philosophy discussion right now :D

Thanks again for the answer !

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Well, the Mutatron takes a bit of the randomness out since you just put in a princess and drone of different species then select the resultant species you want off the list of options, but it's expensive in power and needs mutagen to work (and the mutagen producer is also pretty expensive to run).

There is still RNG involved when you try and extract traits from bees to imprint them though, so that mechanic is still there...