Gato's build journal

Gato70

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates lately, I've been sort of stuck in a slump wherein I don't really have any ideas. Plus scowering the Nether for ash clouds to equally-trade with cobble is proving a very mundane task. If I were to guess my next move, it would probably be along the lines of energizing my hungry node (which has grown to a fantastic 125+ of all aspects), or possibly making a new set of tools with which I could use to expand the castle basement to build some of the structures I've been needing.
I still have not yet gotten into the mob infusions of Thaumic Horizons, if I were to do it it would be mostly for the novelty, not for the utility, but I guess I'm to that stage in my world.
Also, the lag is really getting unbarable. Perhaps the time has come for me to move on to a server...

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
I sympathize with your plight. Lag is a really bummer, Ive had it kill more than a few nice builds long before their time. Which is why my next project is going to be different. Instead of focusing all my effort on an epic base where everything is crammed within view distance, Im going to instead let the home base be as simplified as possible, basically just a place where my AE storage and autocrafting happens. Then the goal will be to build for the sake of building, spread out far enough that none of it impacts the other. Each area will probably be themed around a certain mod or automated task such as a Thaumcraft castle or a magical crops farm village.

Reactions: Master_Builder_800

AdmiralKirov

Jul 29, 2019
Too many times I found myself in unplayable chunks due to lag, most of the times is just render lag... There are things that render even when they' re not in sight, not sure if intended or just a bug, enderIO conduits also seem to play a big role in render lag...
I'll see if Dimensional Pockets will help or not!

EDIT: Also found a buggy IE refinery wich caused fps to drop from 55 to 15...

ProfessorKettu

Jul 29, 2019
This seems incredibly interesting so far. I also start to get lag after building something at that scale of that epic building you made. I find having it as a server does help. Anyway, hope you continue this! It is very amazing so far.