Gate help

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I think I sort of figured out what's going on with it not shutting off. I switched back to conduits and a structure pipe with the gate on the cell. It seems that sometimes the cell never actually fills up. It will sit bouncing around just a shade below 600,000MJ, but never actually hitting 600,000. As soon as I broke out one of the conduits on the sending side, it filled up and shut the engines down as intended. The odd thing is the engines are making a lot more energy than it being drawn out, so I don't get why it never actually touches full.
You could place a timer beneath the cell, that would stop the output every x seconds for just long enough to let it hit full.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to the help here, I got a properly functioning switching system. What I ended up doing was have the electrical engines feeding into a redstone energy cell with a structure pipe attached and a Gold OR gate on it. I then set it up as indicated early on, with red alloy wire running to all the electrical engines and the energy cell, and the cell set to not output power when there is a redstone signal. This allows the cell to fill completely. This cell then feeds into another cell which feeds machines. Works great.

Now I have a new 'challenge'. I added 'Additional pipes' to my server and client so I can wirelessly 'beam' BC energy to my quarry. The problem is, while I haven't hit bottom yet since I started the quarry, I suspect when I do, it may stop using power, fill up and melt pipes. I tried using the 'power traversing' to keep power flowing, and when it filled up, it turn on redstone current and stop power output. That didn't work, as I guess it can't tell the difference between power flowing and power full in the pipes. In hindsight, that probably woudln't have worked right anyway because once power was shut off, it would have to be manually restarted.

Can anyone thing of a way that I could make the cell stop outputting power when the pipe fills up before it explodes?

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
Or another redstone energy cell at your quarry as a buffer, if you don't want the energy loss that comes with tesseracts.

Cougar281

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are tesseracts part of? I'm using Mindcrack and they don't seem to be available.