Gamebreaking potion generator bug

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I I'm hoping this is more of a generalized issue that someone might have some experience with, because otherwise, this might be a real huge pain to fix. My expectations are low.

Short version: Ugh.

Longer version: Ughhhh!!!!

So, I'm putting together the last pieces for my rainbow generator this morning. When I went to insert a potion of health (afaik, just a vanilla potion) into the potion generator the server crashed and refused to lead. Crash reports clearly point to the potion generator, it was not a coincidence.

I have run a backup, losing my whole morning of prep, but it is what it is. So, the world is running, except, I'm fairly positive that as soon as I put another potion into that machine, it's going down again. And that's a problem if I want to complete this here rainbow generator I've spent a few days putting together...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
NM, I'm like 99% sure it's an issue with some versions of Extra Utilities 2, and I'm running an older forge version, so I can't update it. I am going to have to spend hours and hours crashing the server, running backups and trying different versions of ExU2 until it either works or I have to give up ever doing the rainbow generator entirely :(

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
Any reason you can't update forge? Most mods work fine if you update it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yeah, this version of forge matches the current version of Vivecraft so I can pop in in VR once in a while. And it's basically the last version before some big change happened with RF, so pretty much anything with RF will break if I update it, and if I could get everything to work right again, I'd lose the ability to do VR (which I never do anyway, but I still like having the option)

I have a little bit of hope that maybe an earlier version will work, though. But I won't know until I get home and mess with it.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
And this is the reason I avoid ExUtils in my gameplay and I will not put anything from RWTema in any of my packs. He doesn't fix bugs and I got burned real bad in 1.10 with a bug he refused to fix even though someone on his github fixed it. All RWTema had to do was publish the fix to curseforge. He never did. Eventually the bug was fixed for the 1.12 version. But it still left me a bit salty about it.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Yup. My dreams of making a rainbow generator are dead, even though I had actually *made* everything required for the generator. And it looks like anyone who used ExU2 on 1.12 up until October 11 wasn't able to either. Including troubleshooting and research, that's pretty much 24 game hours wasted on my end.

I did see the part of the source code on the site that deals with this issue directly, so I supposed it's not impossible that I could go in there, copy it and figure out where to paste it in and basically fix it myself. But honestly, I just built it because I wanted to see it run for a few minutes. I was always intending to primarily work off of lightning rods anyway. So, moving on, not worrying about this disappointment. I'll get my million RF per tick from lightning rods instead. That is my new life's purpose.

Edit: This is totally doable. It will take 64 lightning rods in a tight space, but I think I can pull it off.