Mac Game works for a minute or two then major lag and crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

legoarf

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been playing FTB for a while now and have built a fair amount but lately I have been getting so much lag in my single player world then it will crash where to the point now if I log into my world it will all shut down in under five minutes which afterward I have to force quit it then restart it which takes 2 minutes then I finally get back in for it to crash again. It has been very frustrating. I would like to keep playing but I am not sure if there are some tests I need to run or make changes to my computer to get it running better and I could use some help. Just other facts about my world, I have done quite a lot of exploring, which I dont know if that would be affecting it, but for the most part I have just been doing smaller things with the bees in forestry. I thought the log file from after one of the crashes might help so I'll add that file and if there is anything else someone would need to help me trouble shoot this I can post it also, I really want to get this figured out so I can start playing some more. Btw I'm using a mac if that makes any difference as well. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• crash log.txt
    79 KB · Views: 32

legoarf

Jul 29, 2019
Please post console log in debug mode to pastebin.
Alright so I went ahead and relaunched it to get the message again and the first time I launched I did not update to the new version. I was able to play for about five minutes then it crashed so bad that I had to restart my entire computer so I was not able to get the log that time. After restarting I launched again and for some reason decided to update but that seems to have made it worse because now it wont even let me in to the world but crashes now right after trying to load the world, so I dont even get into the world now but I will post that log if its any help. I did take a look at your link for if your world is leaking because I remember that from my previous log and I'm going to guess that I need fix one though I'd like to have the twilight forest at some point but hey if taking it out means I still get to play I'll be ok with that. If updating totally screwed me, I also have a back up of my world from before I updated if that helps at all. When I read your first leaking world post, number 5 confused me somewhat, does the location have to be there specifically or just somewhere different? I will go ahead and wait to see if I need to do anything different in case I really messed something up but if I don't hear from you then I am just going to try that first fix. Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• crash log 2.txt
    71 KB · Views: 44

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I am getting a similar issue since the last update. Triggers for me at about the 5 minute mark, generates progressively more and more lag until the game is unplayable. I have to save and quit, then restart.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
~ When I read your first leaking world post, number 5 confused me somewhat, does the location have to be there specifically or just somewhere different? ~
It does not HAVE to be there. It is where I suggest because I have never had an issue with it there from a file permission point of view. You can install wherever you like. Just make sure there are no spaces or special characters in the path name.

If you follow the directions in my about how to get a log file, it will not matter if the computer hard crashes or not. (It shouldn't matter, I have not had a hard crash from Minecraft yet)

I'm also getting the same problem after the recent update
I am getting a similar issue since the last update. Triggers for me at about the 5 minute mark, generates progressively more and more lag until the game is unplayable. I have to save and quit, then restart.
We need log files to help. :D PLEASE follow the link in my thread about how to get them.

Reactions: Vaygrim

Azgult

Jul 29, 2019
Vaygrim's issue is fundamentally different, as it doesn't crash. Legoarf's (and Xeeno's?) issue seems to be primarily a memory issue, as evidenced by the "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space". The "Java Parameters" link in Booker the Geek's sig explains java perm size to some degree, try following the instructions there.

Reactions: Booker The Geek

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
Vaygrim's issue is fundamentally different, as it doesn't crash. Legoarf's (and Xeeno's?) issue seems to be primarily a memory issue, as evidenced by the "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space". The "Java Parameters" link in Booker the Geek's sig explains java perm size to some degree, try following the instructions there.

Yes this is actually correct, my issue causes performance to get progressively worse and worse. It does not however, ever actually force a crash. The game will just get so laggy that I cannot interact with things anymore, and I have to force end the task in Task Manager. It never CRASHES of its own accord, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.